Chapter 8

(Ace POV)

Zalgo slid the knife into Jack’s side. I screamed as Jack’s legs went limp under him and he came crashing down to the ground. I screamed his name, but he didn't respond. He lay there, face down on the ground. Not moving at all. My heart sunk into my stomach when Zalgo sidestepped Jack’s body like he was nothing more than a mere piece of trash on the sidewalk, I think I even saw a look of disgust on his face. He began to walk over to me, but Slender Man stepped in front of me protectively.

"Jeff, take Jane and Jack inside. The rest of you follow him in and see what you can do for them." Slender Man ordered. Almost immediately, they all went inside. Masky helped Jeff the killer carry Jane in. Laughing Jack and Hoodie carried Jack in.

I couldn't hold the tears in. They slipped off of my face as I watched them carry Jack inside, farther and farther away from me.

"Give me the antidote, Zalgo." Slender Man said. I could tell by the tone of his voice that he wasn't messing around.

"Slender Man, the father of the Creepy Pastas. What makes you want to protect this child? Does he posses any special powers that could help you in any way?" Zalgo asked. Slender Man shook his head. He never moved from in front of me.

"So he is a regular human boy. Nothing more nothing less." Zalgo said. I frowned, it seemed kind of insulting, though I know I'm nothing more than that.

"Yes, he is just a human boy. Which really makes me wonder why you would want him." Slender Man said. Zalgo simply smiled and shrugged.

"I like watching you suffer." He said as a matter of factly. "I'll go," I said, hoping I sounded braver than I was feeling.

"(Ace)," Slender Man said. He sounded surprised, hurt even.

"Give Slender Man the antidote for both Jane and Jack, and I will go peacefully." I said.

Zalgo gave Slender Man a small bottle and promptly grabbed at my arm harshly.

"One drop should be enough to save them." He said as he began to disappear into the woods. As he dragged me away from the house, I said goodbye to my old life. To my newly found friends. There was no talking, the trip was silent. The silence was enough to make me cry. And one lonely tear, slipped silently off of my face.

(Jack's POV)

I woke up with a gasp. It was incredibly hot in my room and I was sweating. I felt like I had run a mile and my limbs felt as heavy as boulders. As I tried to sit up, there was blinding pain in my stomach and I was forced to sit back down. For some reason, my throat felt raw and dry, making me unable to speak without some pain. I heard footsteps climb up to my room and someone opening the door.

It was Slender Man.

"Jack," he said surprisingly quietly, "You're alright." He sounded relieved. I only nodded and smiled half-heartedly.

"Yeah, whatever. Where's (Ace)? I want to see him." I said remembering how brave he looked standing in front of that beast Zalgo.

"Jack, I'm sorry he-"

"What did Zalgo do?" I said trying to keep my voice even and measured, holding in all the screaming.

"He took him, he's not here anymore." Slender Man said sadly. He sounded tired, like maybe he'd been up all night. I looked out my window in as a wave of emotions crashed over me.

"I'll leave you to think. Do you need anything?" He asked getting ready to leave my room.

I shook my head dismissively and began to think. I don't know what I was feeling. I think it was mostly anger, sadness, and I don't why but I think I felt a hint of betrayal in those feelings. I want to know why (Ace) left, he's everything to me. Why would he go so willingly? Did he go willingly? Or was he forced? I grunted in anger and slammed my fist against my bed.