Two | 💋

"It's pretty simple, pretty obvious: that people's first impressions of people are really a big mistake."

- Vincent D'Onofrio

This was a first. Even with foxy, hot Tina with hot pink, punk rock hair picking a heavy metal concert as a first date. Sugar took the cake. And the pain - shit, the pain. I gripped the handmade ice pack closer to the inflammation.

"You're welcome," Sugar replied.

Her arms tightened across her chest, and pressed the long bronze arrow necklace against her belly. She balanced her right foot on her heel. Her shoulders slacked as she watched a paramedic attend to my moans and needs. The thin paper backing of the mobile bed clung to my clothes.

Two paramedics wheeled another stretcher down the corridor. Something about a code green, I had no clue what it was about.

"Why would I thank you?" I responded.

My left hand gripped the steel hospital bed railing. My other hand held the ice pack that numbed my groin. The coldness helped relax me. However, if the bed moved, I'd move the pack. It stung like hell!

"I called the ambulance for you," Sugar declared. She didn't meet my eyes.

In all actuality, she did call for the ambulance.

With my soul-shattering scream, I saw her mouth gaping open. My mind raced with multiple curse words, the most colorful to the cute and annoying words. I mean, I saw white like a flash. But mostly, I felt the burn. The drink had done its purpose. I felt pressure as the hot sensation increased, I saw Sugar got napkins. It was wet. The temperature change made me bit down inside my cheek.

I wailed. My vision blurred. I guessed from my eyes tearing up automatically. Shadows hovered over us, here and there behind Sugar's shoulders.

I heard Sugar commented, "You there, call 911."

Paramedics had shown up. By that time, the pain subdued. I took in deep breaths, through my nose. I couldn't glance at Sugar.

Then again, I was pretty shitty. But I was honest. I did want to see if her boobs were real. Which by my calculations, and I was always correct, from the size and weight distribution when she brought her arms across her chest, they passed.

"You know the lovely escort that you received," she added, breaking my memories from the coffee shop. My face scrunched up. Perspiration glued my curls to my forehead. Min-ho would be laughing his ass off seeing me in this condition. He'd even say, "Now August, things considered. This was a consequence for your response. You've hopefully learned your lesson for the future." My pale hand clenched on the ice pack, a sigh escaped my lips.

"Yeah, super lovely," I glared at her. She turned her head. She observed other patients as they walked, wheeled, and talked with doctors and nurses.