Epilogue | 💋

"It's time to say . . ."

- Unknown

"Sebastian Daniels?"

My face scrunched up, thumb hovered the touch screen.

"Yeah, that's a cool name!"

"It's two first names put together."

August placed a hand over his heart. Mouth opened, gaping, and his eyes teased – a twinkle.

"So." He held out the "oh" sound while he scooted closer on my gray couch. Dottie perched at the end, near the couch's legs. Her tail swayed, curled, touching his ankle. She seemed to grow accustomed to his present in my apartment . . . or at least, I believed, Dottie allowed August to be there. One small step at a time.

"You're judging two first names," August continued, "They're pretty cool."

"Two first names are lovely. It's the fact you made it up and chose to do so. It's funny," I stared at him, "and cute."

I leaned forward, resting my forehead against his.

August smiled.

"How many have you deleted?" he asked.

I leaned away. "Eight? Oh, wait I think nine. How many hours did it take to create these accounts?"

August rubbed his thumb over my thigh. He stared at his iPhone in my hands.

"Far too many."

I meant to delete my accounts earlier

I meant to delete my accounts earlier. With my new occupation, spending time with Sugar, hanging out with Min-ho, checking in with my mom (Sugar kept bringing it up in our conversations to mend with my mom), and also watching the latest movie with Papa, I forgot about them. I turned off my notifications four months earlier, the night Sugar kissed me.

As Sugar started eating leftover Chinese food that I had surprised her with the previous day, spoon full of Wonton Soup. The fluffy blanket we were sharing (Sugar would pull to get more of the material). I got a notification to update the TrueMatch app. I grabbed the remote and paused Sherlock, Benedict Cumberbatch blinked and my eyebrows raised.