Chapter Thirty | 💋

"Love is a warrior's sword; wherever it cuts, it gives life, not death."

- Dan Millman

The cool temperature breeze hit my face, summer dug its claws into the world, however, autumn blew it away and took over

The cool temperature breeze hit my face, summer dug its claws into the world, however, autumn blew it away and took over. September was an in between time for Ohio. Not quite settled in, the tree leaves had dashes of blood red, bright yellow sunshine, or pumpkin orange. The emerald color seemed to fade, the stems clung onto the trees. It'll be here. The fall. Leaves separated from their origin.

"Mr. Dalton was asking about you," Min-ho declared. He put the ceramic mug down on the coaster, steam evaporated into the air; the competition between two temperatures.

"Was he?" I chuckled. I leaned back against the low, lounge chair. My right leg propped over my left knee.

We were sitting outside for their lunch, a new restaurant called O'Connor's Pub right across the street from Cincinnati's Aronoff Center for the Arts. In the nighttime, the crowded streets filled with musical lovers waiting to get in line for the newest play. Lunchtime was ideal. Less people, of course bright neon orange signs screamed road work, and cement refilled holes for the coming winter.

"Yeah, I saw him in passing a week ago. He wanted to congratulate you! Someone told him you got a three-year contract with Lucas and Friends to be a host on a new baking competition. W-What's the name of it again? I can't remember it."

I detected teasing in Min-ho's voice. Min-ho placed a finger on his chin.

"Sprinkles On Top," I replied. Trying to keep a straight face with the cutest, silliest title. A smile on my lips. "You wouldn't happen to know who this certain someone is that told Mr. Dalton?"

Min-ho picked up his mug. "Nope. I have no clue." His voice echoed and volume decreased as he took a gulp of his mocha.

Thank you, Min-ho.

Min-ho must have told Mr. Dalton the wonderful news. I had been in contact with Mr. Dalton, however with this new opportunity, dedication to spending time with Sugar, family, new possible living arrangements, everything seemed to pile up and leaving me to realize my late responses through email.

I'm sure Min-ho left out the story behind how I got the deal.

With Champion reunion happening, Min-ho signed up as the host, he heard a new project that the company wanted to explore. They tested out their ideas to willing participants to see what the viewers engaged and enjoyed. Baking competition was number one. So Min-ho did the best thing any friend would ask for. He referred me to the producers. Name dropped a ton. And a short explanation he believed I would be an ideal fit for being the host.

In one whole month, I got the job.

Film started three weeks ago at the end of August. Lucas and Friends ideal published date would be December. So far, one episode took two days to film. Depending on how many episodes, the writers and producers thought of, it'll factor into when the show airs on television.