Chapter 2

Narrator POV

Chris and Andrianna were at school. Andrianna and her friends Kyla and Danielle were talking to each other. Andrianna looked over at her crush, Kevin, but also noticed that Nick, Her ex boyfriend was burning a hole in her head just by staring at her. She turned her back towards Nick, and he hung his head low.

Danielle: Yo Andi, you good sis?

Andrianna: Yeah, I'm ard.

They stopped talking when a police officer slowly opened the door.

Officer: Good Morning, class. Can I speak to Andrianna and Christopher Sails, please?

Class: OOOOOOOO!

Andrianna and Chris slowly walked up to the police officer. She replied with a polite 'Good Morning' and told them to follow her to the Dean' s office.

She politely asked them to take a seat, and they sat. Andrianna stiffened up in her chair.

The officer told them that she was going to ask them a few questions. Andrianna nodded.

Officer:What is your mother's name?

Andrianna and Chris: May Sails

Officer: Okay. What time does you mother usually have to go to work?

Andrianna: She has to be there by 9, but she gets there at 8:45 a.m. If she doesn't, then she is considered late.

Officer: Okay. * scribbles on a notepad* What does she do for a living?

Andrianna's lips formed a little smile. She wanted Chris to answer the question. Andrianna nudged Chris in the chest.

Chris: * stutters* Oh- She.. Uh, she's a pee- Pediatrician.

Andrianna bit her lip to stop herself from laughing.

The officer wrote more of the information on the same notepad.

Officer: What route does she usually take to get to the office?

Andrianna: Um.. S-she takes the I-95 and gets off at exit 27 to drive down Keystone street ( made up😂)

The officer finally spoke without having to add a qoestion mark at the end of her sentence.

Officer: Y- your mother has- has gotten into a-a c-car accid-dent.

By now, Andrianna has freed her lip from her gritted teeth. Chris sat stiff with a clenched jaw, staring in disbelief with a look in his eyes that read, this bitch did not just tell me that.

Officer: I'm so sorry to give you this bad news so early in the morning. She has been immediately rushed to the hospital and taken into the ER. They are doing the best that they can right now. I'm sorry.

The officer led the two back to their classroom.

                                       ANDRIANNA POV

I walked back to the classroom with weak knees. The police officer just told me that my mother got into a car crash. Once I walked into the classroom, I fell to my knees, crying. I heard people crowding around me, wondering what was going on. I felt someone's arms around me. I knew it was Chris. His soothing voice made me feel better.

Chris, still tears streaming down his face, came crashing down on my back, and caressed my hair. "Shh... It's okay- It's gonna be okay," he said, still relaxing my hair. I heard people walking in and out of the classroom as the teacher instructed them to go out to search for some things to help me and my brother Chris as we were still on the floor crying.