Chapter Fifteen

Ben's POV

"Dude, what the fuck is wrong with you?"

I roll my eyes as I glance up from my phone. "Nothing."

"You haven't been the same since Rose called you at dinner the other night." Josh says, sitting on the bed beside me. "Talk to me, brother. The whole cast has noticed a change."

I sigh, locking my phone. "If I tell you, you seriously can't tell anyone. This isn't even my information to give out, but I trust you."

"Of course." Josh responds. "What's up?"

"Rose has anorexia, and she called me to tell me that she got raped and is now going into treatment. She checked into rehab three days ago." I blurt out quickly, hoping I don't have to repeat anything.

Having to tell someone that is so hard to choke out. But how selfish is that? My girlfriend will probably have lifelong trauma and I'm complaining about saying a few words.

"Damn." Josh huffs, crossing his arms. "I get why you're so upset now."

"I don't even know if I'm upset. I'm just so scared for her."

"You don't have to be scared for her. She's in rehab, surrounded by doctors and therapists who's jobs are to help her and make sure she recovers and that she's safe. You don't have to be worried." Josh tells me.

I raise my eyebrows. "When did you get so wise?"

Josh smiles proudly. "I'm a closeted smart ass."

"It's not closeted, Dude."

"Rude!" Josh gasps, punching my shoulder. "Alright asshole, lets go. We're all going for a hike."

****

Going on a hike was probably the best decision I could've made.

Nobody was really loud or running around. The cast members that had gone were all quiet and just taking in the beautiful mountain scenery.

I make a point to slow down a significant amount so I can stay behind and have a few minutes of alone time.

Once I'm disconnected from the group, I wander over to a cliffs edge and sit down with my feet dangling over the side.

I love Rosalina with all my heart. I don't want anyone besides her. She makes me so happy, I've never felt like this before.

She's suffering, she truly is. But now she's in treatment. I won't talk to her for probably a really long time and that's going to take a toll on me.

I don't know how to deal with that kind of stress.

I don't want to do what Rosalina did. I don't want to shut down and not know who I am anymore. I was a person without Rose, and I can be one without her now.

Sure, she's still mine. But I know that not talking to her for a long time is going to be super hard. She's my rock, the reason I've been getting through this tour.

It's only been three days and I'm already different.

I have to stay strong. I have to stay strong for her. I can't let this break me if she's already broken.

I take a deep breath, pushing myself up. I take one last look off the edge of the cliff and take a step back, sighing.

It feels like I'm breathing out all the stress. Everything that is giving me anxiety at the moment is has finally exited my body and is now floating around in the air.

I turn on my heel and catch up with the group, never looking back.