Chapter Twenty Six

"You won a Tony!"

"I️ know!"

"You look so fucking hot!"

"Thanks!"

"You're so talented!"

"Stop it!"

"I'm in love with you! Fuck Ben!"

Ben rolls his eyes. "I'm standing right here."

Me and Emma both turn our heads to shush him. "I️ love you too, Emma. Fuck Ben."

Emma and I️ take a cute picture together, and I️ immediately post it to Instagram with the caption fuck Ben, we have each other.

We head into the Tony after party, meeting up with Josh and Sky. The party is well under way already, so we jump onto the dance floor. Ben and I️ pay attention to each other, not letting anyone interrupt our dancing.

I'm so lucky to have someone like Ben. He's unlike anyone I've ever met before.

I've never been this happy in my life. I've never been so set on what I️ want for my future. All I️ know is that I️ want him, and only him.

"Hey." Ben squeezes my waist with one hand. "You spaced out."

"Sorry." I️ apologize quickly, smiling and containing to dance with him.

The night goes amazingly. I️ meet up with the Cook's somewhere during the night, and they congratulate me beyond belief.

Ben stays attached to my hip, and we're unable to keep our hands to ourselves.

Ben and I️ stay pressed against each other as we dance along with hoards of other people, no one paying attention to us.

His hands begin to wander down a bit, but I don't even mater.

He smirks at me, winking. "Wanna get out of here?"

****

As soon as Ben's apartment door closes, he's pressing me against it. I️ pull him as close as possible, our lips moving in sync.

I️ wouldn't think I'd be ready for this. I️ didn't think I'd have it in me for so long. I️ was sexually assaulted. That's extremely traumatic.

But I️ trust Ben with my life. I️ know he wouldn't try to force me into anything I️ don't want to do. He's so gentle and loving with me that it makes me feel comfortable.

I️ reach for his tie, loosening it and beginning to unbutton his shirt. "Wait, wait." He places his hands atop mine, pulling away from my lips. "Are you okay with this? Are you, like, comfortable with it?"

"Yes, I'm fine." I️ insist, smiling at him.

Ben places his hands on my cheeks. "You just tell me if you wanna stop at any point, okay? I️ want you to be comfortable."

I️ nod, leaning into his lips again. The kiss starts out soft and gentle, my back pressed against the front door.

Ben lifts me up, allowing me to wrap my legs around his waist. He carries me into the bedroom, then tosses me down on the bed. I️ giggle as he helps me shimmy out of my skirt.

I️ finish pulling his shirt off, carelessly tossing it onto the floor. I️ manage to roll us over so I'm on top, then promptly pull off my top.

"Hey, remember what I️ said. You can stop me any time you need." Ben reminds, grabbing my waist and pulling me down towards him.

"Of course."

Ben grins, leaning up and latching onto my neck. I️ giggle, my body on top of his. He pulls the covers over us, and we disappear for the night.