Chapter 15-

"Hey, Derek." The Sheriff calls shaking Derek's shoulders to try and wake him up. "Derek." The Sheriff says again and suddenly the younger man snaps awake with a gasp pulling away from his hands in panic. "Hey, it's alright, it's just me." The Sheriff says pulling his hands away quickly as Derek nods.

"What time is it?" Derek asks looking around the room noticing he's the only one in the waiting room.

"It's 5am, Stiles just woke up before and he's going to be just fine." The Sheriff says and Derek sighs in relief. Thank God he's going to be okay, Derek thinks as he sits himself up in his chair biting back a groan as pain in his knee erupts.

"Alright now talk, Stiles told me about the motorbike crash." The Sheriff says sitting on the seat next to him.

"I broke part of the fence but I will fix it as soon as I get back to the farm I promise." Derek says but the Sheriff shakes his head.

"I don't care about the stupid fence, I meant you. Stiles said you were hurt." The Sheriff says looking Derek up and down.

"I'm fine, Stiles is just over exaggerating." Derek insists but the Sheriff gives him a look knowing he is lying.

"Alright, but what about your hand? I don't think that's from the crash" He says and Derek looks down at his hand noticing the napkin has come off leaving his fist exposed covered in blood and cuts.

"Its not what it looks like." Derek says shaking his head knowing the Sheriff would hear that excuse all the time. "I didn't hurt anyone... I punched a mirror." Derek explains and the Sheriff gives him a sympathetic look but Derek shakes his head looking down at the ground.

"Stiles wants to see you, I'm gonna go grab a coffee and give the farm hands a call to see how everything's going on the farm." The Sheriff says and Derek nods his thanks as the older man walks away.

He waits until the Sheriff is out of eye sight before forcing himself to stand up, trying to ignore the pain in his knee as he limps towards Stiles room.

He opens the door slowly giving it a soft knock as he spots Stiles sitting up on his bed nodding for him to come in.

"How are you feeling?" Derek asks walking over to the chair next to Stiles trying his best not to limp but by the frown on Stiles' face the boy noticed.

"The bite on my ankle is sore but other than that I'm good as gold, I don't know why I have to stay for a few more hours." Stiles responds in his normal happy tone and Derek couldn't help but smile, thinking how it wasn't that long ago that he thought he'd never see Stiles again. "Hey, what's with that sad face? I'm fine alright, don't worry." Stiles says his expression now softer.

"You nearly died Stiles!" Derek says a little louder than he should have but he couldn't help it. Stiles nearly died because of him, he could have been gone! He can't go through that again not with Stiles! "The doctor didn't even think you would make it! I nearly lost you!"

"But I didn't die, thanks to you. You got me here and I heard it was you who told them the type of snake which saved my life." Stiles replies but Derek shakes his head.

"I didn't save your life, if it wasn't for me in the first place you would have never been hurt and bitten." Derek says looking away from the young boy.

"Hey, Derek look at me. This was not your fault. We both came around that corner at the same time and the snake just happened to be in the paddock. This is not your fault." Stiles replies in a serious tone and Derek just nods running his fingers through his hair. "Hey, what is that from?" Stiles questions and Derek looks up following Stiles' line of sight noticing he's looking at his knuckles and Derek sighs. Why do the Stilinski's have to be good at spotting stuff like this?