Chapter 34

"Happy birthday sleepy head." Derek says looking up from the book he was currently reading. The Sheriff gave him a stack of novels last night because apparently reading helps take your mind off things which Derek slowly discovering is true. He puts the book down in his lap, glancing across to Stiles who was slowly opening his eyes as he stretches.

"You know, watching me while I sleep is border line creepy." Stiles mumbles rolling over on his side. "Let me sleep in." Stiles mutters as he closes his eyes again.

"It's 9am Stiles and I didn't even wake you up, I was just sitting here." Derek replies rolling his eyes.

"Since when do you read anyway?" Stiles asks still with his eyes closed as he pulls his blanket up higher.

"Alright, stop changing the topic and get up. Your dad wants to give you your birthday present and the guys want to take you out for the lunch or whatever." Derek says standing up and jumping on Stiles' bed who squeals in surprise as Derek rips his blanket off.

"Why don't you come with us?" Stiles asks as he finally opens his eyes to find Derek sitting next to him.

"I'm not gonna intrude. The farmhands want quality time with you and plus that gives me time to make you a birthday cake since I haven't had time." Derek explains and Stiles' eyes light up.

"You're gonna actually make me a birthday cake? From scratch?" Stiles questions and Derek laughs softly.

"Yes, you dumbass. Now get up and get changed. Everyone is waiting for you in the lounge room." Derek replies as he kisses Stiles forehead before walking towards the door. He turns the bedroom light on and closes the door behind himself.

"Warn a guy next time! Jesus. That's bright!" Stiles shouts and he smiles hearing Derek laugh from the hallway before he climbs out of bed. He walks over to his wardrobe grabbing a new pair of socks and underwear before walking to the end of his bed grabbing the cleanest looking jeans and his star wars shirt.

He quickly does his hair and puts dyoderent on. He grabs his phone off charge noticing the screen full of birthday messages. He scrolls down his notifications seeing that Allison, Lydia, Isaac, Erica, Melissa and Mr Argent have wished him a happy birthday. He smiles at the screen as he slips in phone into his pocket making a mental note to reply to the messages later.

After going to the toilet he wonders into the lounge room to find his dad, Derek, Scott, Boyd and Parrish all sitting around the couch eating pancakes while watching the previous Star Wars movie.

"Happy birthday!" Scott shouts as he notices Stiles by the door. The others turn around and shout the same thing at him as his father hands him a plate of pancakes and maple syrup.

"Why are we watching Star Wars: The Force Awakens?" Stiles questions as he sits next to Derek on the one seater couch. Forcing his boyfriend to move over slightly so Stiles was able to sit half on the couch and half on his lap.

"How did you even workout which movie it was by looking at the screen for three seconds?" Parrish questions glancing between Stiles and the tv.

"Don't underestimate my ability young Padawan." Stiles states and Derek chuckles wrapping his arms around Stiles stomach as he leans his head on Stiles' back.

"When can we give Stiles his presents?" Scott asks looking over towards the Sheriff because although they are all adults they still look to the Sheriff for permission.

"Tonight, when you guys come back from Beacon Hills we can have cake at the same time." The Sheriff instructs and Stiles groans.

"I don't wanna wait that long." Stiles wines and his father rolls his eyes.