Chapter 19-

The next couple of months go by fairly quickly. Derek and Stiles have become nearly inseparable, almost as close as Scott and Stiles are. They have what Stiles likes to call a 'love-hate friendship' they are constantly bickering and fighting with each other. But Stiles can't seem to stay mad at Derek and he knew Derek couldn't stay mad at him for too long either. The farm hands are always picking on him about Derek. They think Stiles has a crush on the guy and well they aren't wrong but Stiles would never tell them that. He knew Derek would never like him back the way Stiles does, which is okay, he never expected him to in the first place. He's just happy being friends with the guy and noticing how much happier the man is these days.

Things at the farm have been normally quiet, his dad bought a few pigs now that the old piggery was back up in shape thanks to Derek and Boyd. None of them knew how to handle pigs, the piggery had never been used during Stiles' time on the farm. Luckily Derek seemed to know what to do as his parents use to have pigs on the family farm. But other than the new additions on the farm nothing else has really happened. Scott spends nearly every weekend in Beacon Hills with Allison. Boyd and Parrish usually to stay the night in Beacons Hills every Friday when they go to the bar to be with Erica and Lydia for longer. Occasionally Stiles would join the boys at the bar but most Friday's he stays home with his father and Derek either watching baseball or playing video games. He didn't mind missing out on going to the bar he was always the third wheel when the girls where there anyway.

It was just another Friday morning on the farm. Sitting under the veranda of the cottage with Scott and Boyd while Parrish cooks eggs and bacon on his barbecue.

"Where's Derek? He's usually the first one here." Stiles says looking over his shoulder towards the hut but couldn't see any movement through the small window.

"What didn't you get your morning kiss before he started work?" Scott teases with a wink and Stiles throws the empty sauce bottle at him as Boyd and Parrish snicker turning away so Stiles couldn't see.

"You're a dick." Stiles mutters crossing his arms glancing back towards the hut hoping Derek wasn't walking this way and heard Scott's comment.

"Well it's not my fault the two of you don't just man up and date each other. It's obvious you both like each other." Scott replies and Boyd nods in agreement.

"You know he's right Stilinski and don't say your usual bullshit about just being close friends because we aren't that stupid." Boyd adds in and Stiles sighs leaning back into his chair. He knows his friends are right but there's always a slight chance that they are wrong. He can't risk his friendship with Derek if it turns out to be wrong.

"Whatever guys." Stiles says shaking his head wanting nothing more then to end this conversation.

"Derek went to work early this morning. I saw him leave his hut as the sun just got up. I guess he wasn't in the mood for breakfast." Parrish says and Stiles gives him a nod, happy someone finally gave him a reasonable answer but not happy about Derek not coming to breakfast. He understands that sometimes Derek needs his space from everyone including Stiles. He gets that Derek still has bad days. Whether it's because of nightmares or something reminding him of his family or his ex Kate, who Stiles knows nothing about still. He is slowing putting pieces together about her but all he's really gotten is that whatever she did to Derek, whether it was a bad breakup or she cheated or used him or whatever she did Stiles knew it was really bad.

Stiles fought the urge to get up and go find Derek, knowing something must be up if he isn't at breakfast. He's been working on the farm for six months now and barely misses any many meals with them. But Stiles doesn't go, knowing that Scott would never shut up if he went after Derek. But also he knows if Derek purposely skipped breakfast then that means he doesn't want to talk to anyone at the moment and Stiles knew better than to try get the older man to talk when he doesn't want to. So instead he eats breakfast exchanging conversations with the boys before beginning work for the day.