Chapter 2

Taylor screeches to a stop in a parking spot just outside school.

"Geez Tay, your driving is deadly, maybe next time I'll walk." She pulls the keys out of the ignition and rolls her eyes at me.

"It'd take you almost half an hour and then you'd be late for biology, and I know how much you don't want to miss that Miss Biology freak."

It's common knowledge that me and Tay are the nerds of the school but we never get bothered like you see in movies, just ignored. Which is a blessing. Trust me.

We hop out of the car hauling our bags along with us and enter the school, walking towards our lockers. Students mill around chatting amongst each other and flirting. I pull out my books for next lesson just as the doors open. Taylor nudges me and nods her head towards the front of the school. I look over and see just what's caught everyone's eye.

Ryker Marshal.

The Ryker Marshal. Player of the school. Most popular. Most athletic. And the most egotistical, arrogant, self loving person you will ever meet.

Strutting down the hall, his lean frame of 6'5 makes girls faint in his wake. Short light brown hair that complements his tanned face perfectly, and gods given green eyes that are currently winking at girls. The boy of every girls dreams....yeah right.

I roll my eyes as I him watch saunter down the corridor as if he owns it, coming to a stop in front of Audrey Emerson. The most popular girl of the school. The perfect couple those two are. Personalities definitely match. Audrey flicks her long raven black hair that is curled to perfection over her shoulder and bats her gorgeous grey eyes that are dusted with silver eyeshadow, thick mascara, and black eyeliner at him. Her face is shining with foundation and her light pink lips are turned up in a sultry smile.

"They honestly are perfect for each other aren't they?" Taylor sighs.

"Take a look at Scarlett though", she nods her head towards one of Audrey's friends, Scarlett Evans, standing nearby with her amber eyes pinned on them both. Her red manicured nails are grasped around her phone tightly. It's no secret that Scarlett has wanted Ryker all to herself ever since last years summer party. Not that I keep on top of the gossip much. Taylor does though. Practically breathes the stuff. That said, no one is oblivious to the jealousy that always radiated off Scarlett whenever Audrey and Ryker are together. Audrey ignores it though, and that just makes it worse. No matter how much Scarlett sometimes hates Audrey she always remains one of her minions. Ready to do her bidding in order to stay at the of the social status. It's quite humorous to watch sometimes. Scarlett silently fuming while Audrey flirts with 'her man'.

"Hey, do you remember that one time when she was so blinded by jealousy she actually walked into her locker." Taylor laughs. It was true. She had spared herself from embarrassment by shouting at a passing student for pushing her but we saw it all. Poor kid, he looked so terrified.

"Hah, yeah, she broke a nail and wouldn't shut up about it all day. In English Mr. Miller actually told her to be quiet about it otherwise he would send her to the principle." We both burst out laughing, drawing some weird looks from students around us. I shut my locker and lean against it waiting for Taylor. We're lucky are lockers are next to each other. The bell rings for first period and I push off the lockers and start walking with Taylor to biology. We enter the classroom and sit down in our seats. I pull out my books as the rest of the students file in followed by Ms. Croft. She's a young teacher and has a great figure that has all the male teachers flirting shamelessly with her.

"Alright class, quiet down." The chatter in the room quiets to a murmur. Taylor's name is called and she answers with a chirpy 'present'. I grab my notebook and flip open to a new page after answering to my name.

The door bangs open and Ryker walks in.

"And where have you been Mr. Marshal?"

He shoots her a lopsided grin and I respect her even more when she doesn't soften like the rest of the girls in the room who are swooning.

"Sorry Ms. C, it won't happen again."

I roll my eyes.

"Yeah right." I mutter under my breath.

He goes still. Oh crap.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So what do you think of Ryker? And what do you think will happen next? Thanks for reading. Love you all ❤️ x

Please vote and comment.