nine

JON SNOW,

I thought there was no way things could get any worse than they were, but I was wrong. In order for Robb to cross the Twins he had promised to marry a Frey. He had promised to marry Arya to a Frey. In the wake of your fathers death and Robbs grief he found love, Robb found love in a woman who was not a Frey.

He bartered Edmure Tully in change for passage across the River. To marry a Frey in his place. Walter Frey wanted the King in the North to wed one of his daughters. Robb wed another woman. Things are not going smoothly.

I made a mistake. I made the mistake of accepting Catelyns invitation to break the news. And in some weird twist of fate I caught a Frey sons eye. Another thing added to the barter. I have to marry the son, I have no choice. I am going to be eternally bound to someone who is not you, and it is torture knowing the closest thing I've ever had to family is giving me away without a second thought. I am horrified with the thought of being even close to any man but you. I don't know what to do. Would it be wrong to run away? Would it break the deal and lead to deaths? I have no choice.

Forgetting you will never happen. I shall think of you every second of every day until my dying breath. You are the air in my lungs. I can say vows in a demented ceremony but I do not mean them. The only person I aim to honor is you, not some husband who I am being forced to marry. Not a man I do not love. I will say them because it is my duty, but I will never mean them.

I love you.

CATALINA