Carl

Y/N
     Carl has been moody ever since Nick killed that kid. He's ignored me, and every time I try to talk to him he says "I got shit to do I gotta go." And walks away. I love Carl, with all my heart, I mean we've been dating for almost two years and yet I've never seen this side of him before. I'm worried.

"Hey Fi, have you see Carl? He hasn't shown up at school." I say, walking into the Gallagher's kitchen.

She gave me a confused look as she placed the carton of juice back into the fridge, "he hasn't? He left this morning, I figured that's where he was off to."

"Alright. I'll let you know if I find him," I said, walking out the back door. Where on Earth could he be? Did he go to the house where the boy lived? "No, why wou..." Then I remembered when we were at the store yesterday. He snuck off and I found him looking in the card aisle.

  Finally after twenty minutes I found the house, there was flowers, lit candles, old teddy bears, pictures, and cards set out on their front porch. I picked up the card in the yellow envelope and opened it up revealing money and drugs, "Carl." I muttered.

  I gently knocked on the door, it opened a couple seconds later, "hi," I greeted, "I'm sorry to be such a bother, but um, did you happen to see a guy a little taller than me, kinda thuggish looking with corn rows?" I asked.

  The man sighed, "yeah he came to the door offering money and drugs to provide for the funeral." I mentally rolled my eyes at Carl's attempt to do a kind gesture. "My wife saw him go that way down the street after," he replied, pointing to the right.

  I smiled softly, "thank you sir. Um, sorry for your loss." I walked down the steps and in the direction the man told me.

  **********

  "For fucks sake Carl! I've been looking for you everywhere!" I grumbled as I found him sitting at a park bench. It was basically dark out by now, the street lights lit up the sky. I sat beside him and he stayed quiet.

  "Why are you here Y/N?"

  "You mean why did I spend most of my day looking for my boyfriend who I've been worried sick about for a week now?"

"I'm fine Y/N. Just go home," he spat.

  I held his hand and leaned my head on his shoulder, "it's not your fault Carl. You know that right? You couldn't of prevented it. Nick couldn't control his emotions. That has nothing to do with you."

  He stayed quite but didn't remove his hand from mine, "come on, why don't we get back to your house?" He still kept quiet. I stood up, pulling him up with me, "come on baby."

************

  We got back to his house, Frank and Queenie were sitting in the kitchen with Debs eating dinner. Carl and I went upstairs up to his room.

  I changed into one of Carl's shirts and some shorts of mine I kept in his drawer. I pulled my hair into a ponytail and sat down on his bed. Carl came out of the washroom and sat in front of me.

  "Can you take my braids out?" He asked quietly.

  "I thought you liked the 'thug' look it gave you?" I laughed lightly.

  "I don't want it anymore. I, I need to change Y/N. Not just for me but for you too. For the future we could have together. Which can't be how my life is right now," his voice cracked a little bit making my heart break.

  I nodded not saying a word. I began taking about his hair braid by braid, "your hair is gonna be crazy after this." I joked trying to lighten the mood, it seemed to work because I heard a small laugh escape his lips.

  "Done." I said after a good fifteen minutes, "now go shower to get rid of the curls."

  He did as I said and went to have a shower.

***********

  "Baby girl," I heard Carl whisper. I mumbled in response, being half asleep. I felt him move me over slightly and get into his bed with me, "I love you Y/N," he said, "so fucking much. I'm sorry if I haven't showed it enough."

  I cuddled into him, lifting my head up to plant a kiss on his lips, "it's okay Carl, I love you too, so so much."