window talk pt. 1.

Ru.
I paced around the room holding back tears, biting my nails.
I'm not with him. I haven't been with him for a month now and he's been carrying it like we're still together...
I glance over at Spiff. He's staring at me pacing around frantically, but his eyes look calm. He doesn't look moved at all by this.

"Baby girl." His voice was monotone. I stopped walking and turned to him to see him walking towards me. He grabbed me and wrapped his arms around my waist. I put my hands on his face and looked in his eyes while he swayed us back and forth. "You don't gotta worry about shit."

"I do have to worry. Do you know who my ex boyfriend is? This won't be the first time he took somebody's life." I explained. My voice trembled a little, making Spiff hold me tighter. I played with his shirt and sighed. He lightly giggled and played with my curl in the middle of my forehead, then moved it out of my face.

"This won't be the first time for me either."

I looked up at Spiff and stared at his face that met mine with a grin. I slowly backed up, mouth agape. He grabbed my hand and slowly brought me back, then landed a kiss on my forehead.

"I'm not like him." His quiet raspy voice sent chills down my spine.
Please don't be lying.

Spiff.

I can tell she's scared to trust me. I can see it in her eyes that she's unsure of me.
Does she really want me too? Or was I just a one night stand to get her mind off of him...

"Yo Ru?" I questioned, lifting her chin up with my finger. Her soft brown eyes made me melt.

"Yeah?"

"Do you really want me the way I want you? Or was I just a one night stand to get your mind off of-"

She got on her tippy toes and crashed her lips into mine, rushing the feeling of warmth through my veins. This girl really wants me. I pray this is real because the way I love her, words can't describe, and can't nobody take that away from me.
Not even Xy.

I picked Ru up and carried her to the bed, laying her down when I reached it. I crawled next to her and just laid there, staring at the ceiling while she was staring at me. She crawled on top of me and laid there, making me laugh a little. She's like a baby whenever we're alone. I ran my fingers through her hair and sighed, still staring at the ceiling.

"You killed someone before?" Her voice was soft, like she was whispering. I grew tense and cleared my throat.

"Son get the fuck out of the room NOW!"
He yelled from across the room, still standing on top of my mother, who was a bloody swollen mess.

"You're gonna hurt the fucking baby!" I screamed, voice cracking. He slowly turned to me with clenched fists.

"Who the fuck do you think you're talking to, son?" His voice was demonically deep, shaking me to the core.

"I'm not your son." I growled. "You're not my fucking father. I don't give a fuck if you bust the nut to make me. I hate you. Beat the shit out of me if you have to, but you're not about to hurt the baby."

"Spiff, no... don't... please..." My mom quietly weeped, trying to look at me through both swollen eyes. My chest felt heavy seeing her like that.