15| DRUG

Drug

Drug.

I see now what is happening.

It's been almost three weeks since our confinement.

Three weeks before I finally am able to figure out what the King is doing.

Out of the 18 girls, only 11 are not at his mercy.

Seven are high off of his taste.

Off of the flesh of darkness that soaked into them.

Like a drug.

They need him.

He has done something to their bodies to make them wither upon the ground at night.

To have dreams of him, only to wake up crying when they realize it wasn't real.

Saint is angry.

She is angry because her name has yet to be called. But at the same time I can tell that she doesn't want to become like the others. Saint has a strong personality. In the end, even if she were to die, she would still want to die as herself.

As the golden lioness she had worked hard to become.

Not the addict that the King had created.

Oceane has not been called either.

I'm surprise I haven't been called.

It's my honest feeling every time another girl's name is read out loud that is not my own.

And Jonaus.

At one point I was tempted to whisper to the Moon Stone- asking him to meet me.

But fear clouded my ears at the thought of leaving the room, and venturing into the hallways where the monster I hid from lurked.

So I didn't call Jonaus.

Instead I sat there, day after day with Oceane, counting down the hours for when the darkness called my name and dragged me from the door.

Even if I refused, I knew after a while- the King always got what he wanted.