18| TIME

Time

Time.

Time seems to either speed up or slow down when you feel the presence of danger staining your life.

For me it is the latter.

It slows down.

It churns to a stop, and suddenly wheezes by as if the presence of continuing in the steady trickle of seconds to add up to minutes has suddenly become to much of a burden to the world.

Time stops.

And in it's place, I feel the Moon take a hold of me.

I sit there, in front of the door, silently meditating. It was a ritual I had done every day back at the temple.

Then again though, I had been bless with the scents and offerings to give to the Moon.

Here I had nothing but my devotion and faith.

Time stood still, and I waited.

For what I did not know, but I could feel the gathering of the clocks ticking and the churning of the wheel as the minutes passed.

Because as much as I wished it- time might have stopped for me- but for the rest of this dark world, it continued on.

"Little star."

He said my nickname within intervals. Almost to remind me that he was still there.

Though I did not need the reminder.

I knew.

Until suddenly, time sped up.

"My King."

The sound of Jonaus's voice makes my body involuntarily stiffen.

I sit there, breathless, as I wait for him to continue.

"Leave Jonaus."

There is a pause on the other side before Jonaus speaks, "Think of the flower."

"I'm aware of your story Jonaus. But it's irrelevant to me."

"Think of what her blood can do to you."

There is a soft hiss and bang. I jump when I hear Jonaus cry out in pain.

I stand there, numb in front of the door, my hand reaching for the handle yet at the same time, holding back.

"I say this because I am concerned for you. Because I want to protect you Maddox."

I gasp and the sounds of fighting stops.

"Little Star."

Maddox. The King had a name.

Why had it never occurred to me that he would have a name? Or better yet, why had it never occurred to me that no one seemed to know it.

"She knows now Jonaus."