part 4

KEY TO NEXT UPDATE = 50 VOTES AND 20 COMMENTS

The team members were happy and one among them Was the happiest.

It was none other than our cheeku .
He was happy because he tried his best and was confident for future games and also because India won.

After 3 days it was 2nd odi. Sehwag and Sachin were out cheaply but
Virat and Suresh scored centuries.

Seniors were happy that the younger clan was taking the charge and it was good for the future of Indian cricket.

In other matches of the series virat made two half centuries.
Moreover he outshown in the next series against the mighty Australia.
Only after few months he secured 1st position in ICC rankings.
Many young players were tried and dismissed but not virat.

This moment.... This very moment a little spark of pride ignited.
He considered himself to be best batsman at the moment.
His behavior changed a bit. Staffs and couch thought it to be quite normal as after playing well one should be proud of himself and little attitude can make the player more classy and hardworking as now his reputation and position becomes everything for him.

But but but.... It was not the same in cheeku's case.

One day before the match against Pakistan... In Delhi, everybody were busy practicing hard. Captain cool Dhoni came in the field wearing his wicket - keeping gloves...
He discussed few strategies with Raina, Sachin paaji, bowlers...

Conversation with suresh Raina

D : Sonu what I'm thinking is we should make few changes in batting line up because we have been battling with the same order since last few months with same strategy.

S : Hmm... Ya but what change?

M : I think viru paaji and Gauti should open, Sachin paaji at 3 followed by cheeku , you, me....

S : okay... But is it right to change cheekus position because he have performed consistently?

M : Actually it is for cheeku only... We know he have potential to make team win one handedly but I want him to adjust in different positions and deliver the team.... And moreover the rivals will have surely made some strategy against cheeku only coz he is one of the consistent batsman.

S : I think you are right.

Conversation over.

Mahi began to find virat but he didn't find him anywhere.

He asked other players but none of them knew it. Later on rohit said that he is not well so he didn't come for practice.

Mahi was tensed. It's not that it was something new to him, all players get sick but this time it was his cheeku...
Such precious bond developed between them.

Later on, after completing the practice session the team proceeded to hotel. Dhoni entered the room and saw Virat playing Video games .

"Sonu said that you were not well that's why you didn't attend the practice session but I don't think so....🤔 " Dhoni questioned him.

"Ah... Vo.... Ahmm.... Actually Mahi bhai vo I am not well really but I thought if I will take rest than I will get lazy so I thought that I should play game. " He tried hiding the truth.

"Oh really cheeku... I'm 8 years Elder than you so don't try to fool me... You are all well.... And I know that.... So don't deny.... "

Virat looked down sadly.

" Agar PSP hi khelna tha to Pehla bolna tha mein bhi khalta " He laughed.

Virat looked up and blinked as he couldn't believe what did his mahi bhai said.

He smiled.

They continued playing game.

MATCH DAY

India won the toss and selected to bowl first.

Opposite team managed to score a good total but India too manage to chase it with virat scoring 75 runs.

The series completed and India won by 4-1 and virat was man of the series.
But he hardly attended few practice sessions.

His behavior changed and it did not go unnoticed by the captain.

***

What will mahi do?
In upcoming updates virat might be rude but please don't bash me for that because I want to show how mahi helped him in getting confidence and not getting over confident....
Please understand 🙏
Both of them are my HEROES ❤