part 7

IPL TIME IT WAS.

First ever edition of ipl... It divided national teams into different teams.
There were 8 teams.
(Consider the teams of 2018.)

Yes IPL did divide the players but most importantly it divided MAHIRAT ,the heartbeat of Indian Team.

Mahi was captain of Chennai Super Kings and Virat of Royal Challengers Bangalore .

After that bitter encounter Mahi and Virat never come face to face until the day of inauguration of the tournament.

During this phase of time, Virat did miss Mahi but his ego was pulling him from regretting what he did.
And Mahi too missed him , his stupid jokes and pranks... He even used to keep a check on him through other teammates. But couldn't talk to him, after all it was for Virat 's betterment.

Inauguration day of IPL

In hotel room -

Mahi was on phone when he felt a pair of hands around him. When he turned around it was a he wanted to see.... The face which can make him smile.... It was of his lady luck SAKSHI.

On the other hand, Virat was going through getting ready for the ceremony. He attended few calls from his friends and family wishing him luck for his first international tournament as Captain .
But he had something going on his mind that didn't let him enjoy the time and wishes. What was it ?
Maybe he was nervous to captain big names or he was missing a special wish.

After a while all the captains were escorted to The stadium before the teams for photo shoots and all the other person tournament stuff.

Captains shot with the beauty for which they were going to play THE TROPHY individually.

Later on two captains shot together.
Mahi and Adam Gilchrist posed with it with some laugh and jokes.
Both the wicket keeper - batsman shared some light movements.

Then Saurav Ganguly, V. V. S lakshman,  Yuvraj Singh and all the other captains posed along with Virat.
Finally it was time for the captains of CSK and RCB had to pose.
Mahi was Keenly observing Virat's expressions.
Initially it had marks of nervousness but later it turned into Cold one.

"Huff.... He won't change " Mahi sighed.

Both posed with a professional smile.
No talks, No looking at each other.

Once the strongest Bond was bow shattered.

The ipl started and end up with the teams in following positions

Virat hardly scored 40+ runs in any match.
He ended up at 15th position in the rankings of batman with 253 runs.

This was a huge blow to him.
His growing ego.
Royal challengers didn't even qualified . He was abused and insulted in every possible way.
He was depressed. His family tried their best to push him up but went in vain. Somewhere he was guilty.

***

Hi people !
Long time. I know , first of all sorry for the delay.

You might find this chapter a bit but I'm really sorry.
Will try to keep up to your expectations.

I was thinking of showing bond between Virat and Sakshi you know Bhabhi devar wala and in future mahi anu.... What say or should I keep it only to MAHIRAT.

please batao 🙏