•~Beautiful~•

•"I can see the beauty in everything but me."•

***Maya POV***

I remember when I was three years old. I had two sisters. My older sister, Ella, was the kindest person I had ever met. My younger sister, Olivia, was the baby, so we loved her. Everything changed when Olivia died, though. All of a sudden, Ella was never at the house. My mother blamed me for everything. I blamed myself for everything. I would go to Livvy's grave, then come home to my mother throwing a fit, as if Olivia and Ella were the only ones that mattered. She would go out and drink, forgetting about me. When she remembered me, she would hit me, throw things at me.

Bullying was another problem. I was a writer, I guess. I wrote poems and stories, and I was an emotional bitch. Here's a recipe for you. Take 1 cup of a lousy school, and mix in a drunk mom, a dead sister and a missing sister. When baked, sprinkle on an ugly face and emotions. Congratulations, you've made ammo! Give it to bullies, and prepare to be injured. And targeted by gangs and guys who want to do things to you.

After Alliah; who I'm not sure whether she's my daughter or my sister, I'll explain later; was born, my mom got pissed. She threw something at me and got my eye. I've worn an eyepatch since now. After that, so much shit happened, but now I live with Ella, her girlfriend Daya, Alliah and my baby girl (again, long story) Vida.

*****************************************

"Happy birthday to Ali, happy birthday to Ali" A voice sang out from above me. "Mama, wake up!" Alliah poked my eye. It is so weird to have someone calling you mom when you're 16. I slowly opened my eyes, to see a (now) 3-year-old looking back at me. "Yes, Alliah, it's your birthday! Go wake up Ella; then we'll eat breakfast, ok?" She smiled at me as if she hadn't come here with the intention of robbing me of sleep. I sighed and got out of bed after she left the room. I took a shower and slowly put on my navy blue top, floral skirt and my blazer. I looked at myself in the mirror and smiled. Aside from having no makeup on, and severe bedhead (which is a permanent condition, in my case) I looked nice. My eyes, which looked sort of gold, were framed perfectly by my eyelashes. "Oh, I should write this down!" I mumbled, searching for my notebook.

I hopped downstairs after getting dressed and picked up Vida. "Hi my baby, my little precious.." The rest was lost in baby talk and gibberish. Ella waved me over. "Good morning Maya! Tell me, how does it feel, to have two children?" She smiled at me with wide eyes. "Ella, you're my sister, and I love you, but I will cut your throat out." I smiled back. She shrugged and handed me a coffee mug. I thanked her and sat down.

Moments later, trumpets sounded. "Please, make way for your Majesty, Queen Alliah!" Daya announced. Ella leaned over to me "I thought Alliah was a knight" she whispered. "She's whatever she wants to be, now shut up." I leaned away and focused on the stairway. Alliah waltzed out in a jumper (of my design, thank you) and spun around. The skirt lifted up, and I smiled. I loved my little girl. Daya walked towards the fridge and pulled out the cake we had made the last night. "Your Majesty?" she asked Alliah, pointing towards the cake. Alliah smiled, and shouted, "Let them eat cake!"

After eating more cake than anyone should eat ever, I kissed Vida and Alliah goodbye and left the house. Hopping onto my bike, I quickly got to the publishing center I worked at, stopped my bike, then promptly fell into a pile of leaves. As I got up and pulled leaves out of my mouth, I heard a snicker. "Girl, I swear you're so clumsy." A voice from the bushes laughed. I rolled my eyes "Hannah, what's up with you?" A blonde stepped out. "Nothing, me and Mia were waiting for you. Also, Isaiah brought in onion rings." She responded, and I shot towards the door. "To onion rings and reading first drafts!"

After work, I go to Starbucks. Always. A normal mom needs caffeine, a teenage mother with 2 children under the age of for needs a miracle, but I'll settle for a pink drink. And a coffee. As I stood, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around. "Hi, Luke!" I squeaked. Remember that recipe? You'd give it to him.

The first chapter is done! I can't wait to get to Zach's POV. Anyway, I update every week!