•~Today, Tomorrow~•

" The good thoughts of today are the sad memories of tomorrow."

*Maya's POV*

"Hi, how have you been?" Luke smiled at me. I hate when he smiles at me. I could feel his arms wrapping around my shoulder. "I'm fine, but I have to make a phone call, I'll talk to you later!" I breathed out, taking his arms off my shoulder. I hate his arms as well. As I walked away, I felt like I couldn't breathe. Why was he here? Why wasn't he send away? Does he know? What do I do? I took a deep breath. In and out, I told myself. I have to call Emily. She would know what to do. Or, if not, she would help me out of here. 

"What do you need?" Emily's voice answered. Turning around, I could see Luke watching me. So, I made a scene of it. I flipped on my glasses and in the loudest voice imaginable, I proceeded to yell into my phone. "I told you that it wasn't a smart choice to accept him to the program! Now, look at the mess you've made." I could hear some shuffling on the other line, and something being put down. "Are you alright? Where are you, Maya?" I let out a sigh of relief. Em understood. Now, I just needed to tell her where I was without telling her. 

That would be a problem, so I just stepped outside. "Em, something happened and I need you to pick me up, you know that one Starbucks? The one near the company?" "Oh, I know it. What do you even do at the company, anyway?" I shook my head. "That's not the point. I need you to pick me up". A group of boys passed by me, one of them talking about the "Mississippi does not end" sign. I heard her again, and she sighed through the phone. "Go back inside, Mays. Keep on talking really loud, and then hang up. Is there anyone who could help you get out?" I thought about that.

 "I could find someone..." 

"Then do that. I'll be there soon, 'kay?"

"Sure"

I stepped inside the store and started yelling. Again. "It's not my problem if he's a trash writer, that's what you're supposed to handle. If I was writing the fucking email..." I paused as Emily said something about being obnoxious, and rolled my eyes at her. "You're just an asshole." I could hear her smile. "Love you too, Mays." And with that, she hung up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Emily got there, I hopped into the car. "You're an angel, Em." I said to her. She shook her head. "You're my sister, it's my job." I sat back down in my seat when she continued. "I am an angel though, don't get me wrong,  just not for this. I'm perfect in many other ways." I flipped her off, and we sat in quiet the rest of the ride.