~•Find the Sunshine•~

"If you can't find the sunshine, be the sunshine."

Maya's POV

"OK, what was that?"

I didn't even get to put my bag down or take off my shoes before the questions came. Turning to my sister, I raised my eyebrow. "Why didn't you ask me this in the car? You had plenty of time." I' d already gotten almost halfway across the room when she responds, "It was still fresh when you were in the car, I could tell."

I walked by a mirror and almost jumped back. It was scary how alike Ella and I were. We had the same eyes, even if she swore that hers had more brown than mine. Her hair, which she had cut short, was black, while mine was long, with red at the tips, which had been a habit of mine since Olivia died. My freckles were mine only, but her nose was smaller, so it evened out.

"It was just Luke, that guy that was always around when I lived with mom." Ella wrinkled her nose. "You mean that creep that was always with you? The tall one with dark hair?" I nodded. Luke had been my best friend, despite his 6 years on me. I stopped talking to him after I moved in with Ella, because he had started acting weird. Seeing him, I felt like I couldn't breathe. I was scared, but not just for me.

Daya was playing with Vida but when she heard my voice, I could hear her little gurgles from the other room. I left Ella in the parlor and walked into the kitchen. Vida saw me, and immediately reached out for me. "Hey May" Daya said, handing her to me. I poked Vida's nose, and smiled as she giggled. "Hey Day, how are you?" Vida poked my nose, bringing my attention back to her. I blew in her stomach, and she laughed again.

****************Timeskip brought to you from Narnia***********************

"It's dinner time, my dudes!" I could hear Daya shouted. I had put down Vida for a nap and was getting ready to wake up Alliah. I stepped into her room, and I found her already awake. The minute she saw me, she ran to me. "Moma, guess what I knowed!" She hugged my leg, and I picked her up. "What'd you learn today, huh?" I asked. Ella decided that she was going to start preschool early so that I could have time for my company. I should thank her for that. "You have to give me the floor first, ma." She laughed.

As I set her down in the kitchen, she smiled at me. "Ms. Easton taught us a poem! Ya wanna hear it?" From the corner of my eye, I could see Ella cover her mouth with her hand. We exchanged looks. "Oh my god, May. She's so precious what the hell." I nodded in agreement and looked back at Alliah. "Sure, let's hear it." Alliah clapped her hands and looked at us. I moved to sit near Ella and Daya. "I love you, yes I do. Lots of love from me to you. You love me, yippee! Tons of love from you to me!" She sang, bouncing from side to side. "Maya, that wasn't even a song but it's still one of the most precious things I've ever seen."

After the initial shock of how adorable Alliah was, I got up and kissed her forehead. "Good job love, now go sit down, ok?" She nodded and sat at her table. I hopped onto my own chair, and took a long sip of my water. "Hey, Maya, what do you do at work, anyway?" I knew it. Daya had lived with us for 3 months, and she hadn't asked any questions yet, so I knew she was bound to. I took a deep breath and began.