Chapter 2; Hello & Goodbye

"Be good," John said in a choked voice. His daughter smiled at him crookedly, same as he always did, "as good as you can be with me as your father."

"John," Maria scolded. He shrugged. "Serenity, take the medicine if you feel bad and don't get any wound. If you do- make sure it doesn't get infected. Oh, and-"

"MOM!" Serenity stopped her, "I am very well familiar with the do's and the don't's."

"Yeah," Maria nodded. "Yeah, I know. I'm just worried."

"It'll be okay," Serenity assured and was swapped to a hug by her now-sobbing mother.

Maria stepped away, walking away.

John and Serenity looked at each other for a moment.

"I love you, midget."

"Love you too daddy." She grinned, and the two looked away from each other.

"Don't mind us if you'd like to stay for Christmas at school. You can invite whoever you want." Serenity nodded.

The fact she never got to really live her life made her parents have nearly to no rules with her. They preferred losing a happy daughter than live with a depressed and sad one.

"Don't make a lot of friends that won't be there for you. Make few that will be there through everything," Serenity nodded, "and be the friend you want to have. Don't be rude. Eat healthy, but don't stop yourself from eating things you love if you're craving. Don't judge anyone about anything and-"

Serenity hugged her father, "I'll miss you. Bye." He wrapped his arms around her.

She looked almost healthy thanks to her powers, but her body held such exhaustion that even her powers could not hide.

Or maybe it was something in her eyes.

He let her go, kissing her forehead a moment before turning away.

Serenity turned to face the school.

It was big, but didn't seem like it, because it was shit-loads of buildings seprated from each other, each in a different color. Serenity didn't know how to name some of the colors, and decided to enter the grounds.

The grass was un-naturally green, brighter than any artificial color. When she arrived at the gates she was met with a man that looked in his sixties.

"Hello," she greeted.

His snore was cut off short, "wha-- Oh, hello." He looked at her, "first year?" Serenity nodded bashfully.

It was so awkward for her.

His gray eyes scanned a list, "name?"

"Serenity Ross," she replied. He nodded.

"Hand your bags for a check, they'll be there when you arrive to your room."

Serenity nodded. "Thank you, Mr...?"

"Call me Vic."

She smiled, "thank you. See you." He nodded and she walked into what seemed like the main building; the only one that was built with plain bricks and held the school's symbol; Arrows crossed over a lion. It was the biggest, as well.

There, was waiting a wavy blonde plump woman, that ate a salad.

"New here?" She called. Serenity nodded, "come here. Name?"

"Serenity Ross."

"Unique name you've got there," she commented. "You're in my dorm; one of the mixed. Raven, painted in dark gray. Room 26." Serenity nodded, utterly confused.

Serenity wandered for a while, looking around. She found out she was one of the first ten to arrive, and after a while she found her dorm.

When she opened the white door there, she came to face a room that screamed HOMEY.

It was full of warm colors and worn- out sofas. It surprised Serenity that they had TV. There were notices, though none concerned them.

There was also an empty board with PHOTOS written on top of it.

A chocolate brown haired girl jumped into the room from the stairs.

"Oh," she froze. "Thought I was alone."

"Um, not anymore."

"I'm Charm," she introduced.

"Charm? Weird name. Though, mine is Serenity so who am I to make remarks?"

Charm smiled at Serenity. "Okay, from now on; you're my friend."

"Uh, okay."

"ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED! FIRST FRIEND EVER!" Charm cheered, running upstairs again.

Serenity stared at where she stood for a moment, confused.

Then she decided to check out her room.