Chapter 4; What?

"Guys, shut up!" Called the woman from earlier, and Serenity awkwardly looked around as everyone kept talking.

"Hey!" a man with dark blonde hair suddenly called, and Serenity smiled at the fact he was wearing a Metallica shirt. "Hey, have you seen my moose?"

"Your-- what?" A blonde boy asked. He was standing in the side, not talking to anyone. "Moose?"

"Yeah, the animal. Moose. His name is Sam, he has a tag. Brown fur, no?"

Everyone shook their heads. "I'll let you know if I see it," the blonde boy said.

"Cool, man. Mitch."

"Luke."

"Okay, see you around, man." He nodded, "you can keep talking."

"What? No, you can't!" The woman tried again, and Serenity rolled her eyes as everyone started talking again. Thomas smiled at her, shrugging.

Charm didn't come back yet, and the two were slightly worried, but dismissed the thought.

Luke looked over the room lazily, when his eyes landed on purple hair. "Serenity?" he asked, walking closer.

"Hi?" she asked. It took her a moment, but her mouth formed an O, "Luke! Wow, I forgot about you for a moment there."

"Gee, thanks," he grinned. "Who is that?" he asked, gesturing to Thomas.

"Uh, that's Thomas."

"Luke," he offered a hand to shake, and Thomas shook it.

"Sup man?"

"EVERYBODY QUIET!" The woman suddenly screamed, "hello," she continued as silence settled. "I am Emily ," she introduced, "and I am in charge of that dormitory, and your advisor. We'll have a small talk in the beginning of each year. So, yeah, um."

There was a short silence, in which Charm snicked in, almost making Serenity scream.

Thomas quickly shushed her by putting his hand on her mouth. From all the books Serenity read she knew that she should probably lick it, but she didn't have it in her.

Luke laughed.

"I take it you know her," the two commented, both pointing at Serenity.

"I'm Charm," she introduced with a smile.

"Luke," he replied.

"Okay," Emily called. "Get good night sleeps, each night. Don't ditch classes. Yeah, talk to me if you need."

"That's it?" Luke and Charm asked.

They smirked at each other, "quite the bold one, are we?" she asked.

"Took the words out of my mouth."

"Yes, that's it. See you next year. Bye." And just like that, Emily walked down stairs, setting up a sign 'Advisor dorm'.

"Well, now that this is settled down," Charm said with a grin, "I found an adventure. Come on!" She tugged on Thomas and Serenity's sleeve, and Serenity tugged on Luke's sleeve.

"What are you--" Luke tried, "no, I'm the cool jerk. I can't be with you- it'll ruin my image."

"Shut up and come to an adventure, Luke," Charm said happily.

Luke shut his mouth, a small smile playing on his lips.

He didn't know why, but he had a feeling these little group will be together for a long time.

***

 Serenity gaped at the forest, and she wasn't the only one.

Both her and Thomas were staring, mouth slightly open, taking in the amazing green of the leaves and the grass, the bright blue of the sky.

Was it just the forest that made everything look magical?

"It's called the Enchanted Forest," Charm explained. "It's- well- enchanted. It's not recommended, but totally allowed to enter. Wanna come?"

Luke, Serenity and Thomas exchanged a look. "Totally."

"Um, mind if I join?" a small voice asked from behind them.

They twirled around, and Charm felt her heart beating faster.

There was a hot boy in front of her.

Well, as hot as an eleven years old can be.

His eyes were piercing blue, opposite to his dark-tanned skin and hair that settled in dreadlocks.

"Uh, yeah?" Luke replied uncertainly. "I'm Luke."

"Dan," he replied, smiling. Charm stepped closer to the group, as she stood ahead thanks to her guiding.

"I'm Charm."

"Weird name," he commented with a smile.

"A nickname for Charlie."

"A short of Charlotte?" Dan asked with what Charm called 'an adorable smile', and Charm laughed shortly, nodding.

"I'm Thomas," he commented, "and that's Serenity." Dan glanced at the two, nodding in recognition.

"I take it back, Charm. Serenity is weirder," the group laughed shortly.

"Yeah, and that's her legit name," Thomas said.

"Let's go in!" Dan exclaimed, and the boys walked ahead.

"Dan is hot," Charm blurted out. "And his eyes," she sang.

"Really?" Serenity mused, "I suppose, I think Thomas or Luke looks better though."

"Bullshit," Charm commented, offending Serenity's ears. She read and heard the words, but not from an eleven-years-old girl's mouth. "Dan is the embodiment of hot."

Serenity scoffed, "careful not to drool."

"I do not drool." Charm huffed.

"Besides, you're eleven." Serenity commented, "stop drooling over Dan."

Charm scowled, "fine."

She grabbed Serenity's hand, catching up to the boys who were laughing like best friends.

They said something that made all of them- including Charm and Serenity- laugh, and Serenity couldn't help but feel slightly at awe.

Did she find friends?