Chapter 3

First of all, I would like to apologize for the TOTALLY SLOW UPDATE... Well, I am still a student and that just how it is [~ Student's life 😏]. Anyway, enjoy reading this and thank you so much for following the story up until now. 😘

***

"What?" Chinatsu asked while pouting.

"I'm sorry. That was..."

"Your ex-partner, right? Did you got left behind for being suck?" Chinatsu asked meanly.

'Can't even sugarcoat your words, huh? So irritating.' Tatara thought and gave her a bitter smile. "She's not, I am not worth it for her."

"You poor thing!" Chinatsu raised her voice. "Let's show her that you're not the old Tatara anymore!" She doesn't seem honest at all and Tatara can see it right through her. 'Making fun of me, again.'

"Haha. Thank you, Hiya I mean Chi-chan. To be honest, it has become hard to enjoy dancing lately. Especially when I don't remember how FUN it was."

"Are you blaming me?!"

"That's not... what I mean." He uttered while rolling his eyes.

"So honest of you, TATARA-SAN. Not like I have fun dancing with you, too! I love a tougher and daring guy, you see. Unlike you!"

"I know very well you're really good. But because you're always on your own, I wonder if you ever see me as your leader!"

This time Chinatsu couldn't return his words. Those totally stroked her deeply. 'And I was blaming him for not seeing me as his partner... What am I doing? His shadow wasn't alone. In other words, he cares about his partner... Even so, it wasn't me he was shadowing with just now. This must be a karma. I was too self-centered.'

"Chi-chan?" Tatara got worried when she's not saying anything. 'So not like her.'

"Tatara... Sorry." Chinatsu apologized. "I will do my best from now on."

Tatara got really surprised with her sudden change in attitude. 'Again... So not like her'. But one thing that he wasn't aware of was how Chinatsu never wants to be separated from him. For a reason that he is her LAST hope.

"I'm gonna practice on my own for awhile and return after I have improved. Please allow me, Leader-san."

"What are you talking about, Chi-chan? Your leader is here. I am here! How do you plan on improving?!" Tatara felt chillness running down his spine. Wanting to improve is good but must she leave? They have been an official partner only for around 2 months. 'Don't leave me.'

"I... want to become worth it for you. So, please."

Deep in her eyes, Tatara could see her determination. This girl is serious. He took a very long time to make up his mind. "If you say so. But if you ever face something you couldn't handle alone... return immediately." Tatara gripped his fists when he finally agreed to Chinatsu's request. He can't say that was the best decision but if they can improve that way, he won't hesitate.

"Thank you." Chinatsu looked down because she is going to be on her own from now on. The best way to improve is by staying close to Tatara but she is not good enough for him. She'll try to find a better coach first. Tatara took a few steps approaching her. "Till we meet again, I will always wait for you."

Chinatsu got really embarrassed so she smacked him. "What do you mean by that? We still go to the same school, stupid Tatara!"

"Meeting in class won't be the same. I can't hold you there." This time her eyes become teary. 'What is he even saying, so shameless.' She thought. She wants to stay close but she needs to improve. 'Next time, it'll be me you're shadowing with.'

Tatara got panicked with her reaction. But that part of her was just adorable, he thought. "Sorry, Chi-chan. Sorry for making you cry."

She wiped her tears. "I may not be able to see a leader as nice as you again. That's why I will definitely return as someone worth it." Chinatsu confessed while sniveling. "Don't you dare to find a replacement. Otherwise, I'll kill you!"

"I'll try." Tatara teased her. Chinatsu took a long face. "I'm kidding. Seriously, what's wrong with you?" Tatara patted her head. She is being strangely feminine today. 'What's with her..?'