Chapter 5

"Hanaoka... -san." Tatara froze for a moment, before continuing. "Welcome back!". He can feel tightness on his chest. It's been so long since he last saw her. As usual, he just can't escape from staring that girl. She is getting more beautiful than ever. Hanaoka chuckled. "You're hyped as usual. I missed that part of you. Hee."

"Me, too!" Shouted Tatara happily. Hanaoka's cheeks slowly turned pinkish. That part of him never changed as well, she thought. Her eyes then wandered around as if she is looking for something. "Where's your partner? I never get to know her yet."

Tatara fingered his cheeks. "About that... she is practicing somewhere else... BUT don't get it wrong, we're not fighting!"

"Oh okay... So, do you have anyone to practice with today?" She asked out of concern.

"With whoever that's free."

"I am." Hanaoka volunteered. "Show me what you got, Fujita-kun." Tatara can't stop but smiled from ear to ear. 'She's really nice. If only Chi-chan were like this...'

For the next few minutes, they were dancing to their hearts' contents. 'This is it. I remember now... This is DANCE,' Tatara thought.

"When I'm with you, I feel like I can accomplish anything..."

"You had changed a lot... I could hardly recognize you when you entered the studio." Tatara was grinning for being complimented by his dear one. "If I don't work hard, I won't be able to reach you, Hanaoka-san."

"Yeah..."

The next day (In class)

The break's time bell ringed loudly and Chinatsu immediately slams her face on the table. Knowing that she's going to finish her lesson soon, she couldn't help but gave her all during yesterday's practice. She could hardly move her limbs this morning but still, insist to come to school. She wondered what pushed her so badly. Coldness touches her cheek and she immediately lifts up her head.

"Here, have a drink." Fujita offered her a can of cold beverage. She thanked him and grabbed it. She was actually meant to scold the culprit but her anger faded as soon as she saw him. Tatara always looks cheerful but somehow, he just seems a bit off today. "Something good happened? You look surprisingly happy." She asked.

"Nope, nothing at all. Anyway, are you okay? It's so unlike to take a nap during this period." He replied with a grin.

"Oh please. What do you even know about me?" She doesn't know why she said that but the words slipped through her tongue anyway.

"Err... we are partners so of course, I know a little about you. I've even been to your house before." Tatara confessed while caressing the back of his head. Some classmates start paying attention to them.

"What's he doing at Hiyama's house?"

"They're going out?"

"Aren't they? They were always together."

Chinatsu immediately hits Tatara on the shoulder. "Watch with what you're saying, idiot." Blood starts to rise up to her head. Her cheeks hit up. So, she put the can on her cheeks to cool them off. Tatara suddenly wiped her cheek. "Careful, you're getting wet, Chi-chan." Chinatsu could see clearly some were fan-girling over them. She fed up. This guy sure is clueless sometimes and she's pretty sure he is not even aware of his own action. 'Hopeless, dude'.