Should've Known (Koie x Reader)

That's it.

That's your last call.

You were going to go on a date with the vocalist of My First Story, Hiroki Moriuchi.

He ruined your dress. Your best friend of many years, Ken. It was a nice, simple, black cocktail dress, that you worn a plenty of times. You worn it to events that was important to you, and funding the music, My First Story has played over the course of seven years. Finally, they could go international, because of you. Hiroki wanted to take you on a dinner date to thank you. Ken ruined it.

"(F/N), I brought over some of your favorite ramen. I hope you enjoy it. You didn't say what you wanted so I just got ramen." You heard Ken's voice enter in your house.

You held up your cocktail dress, as you waited for him to arrive in your view. He turned into your bedroom looking down. "Hey, didn't know if you heard me, but I brought some ra-" he looked up and he stopped talking.

"I can explain-" he began to say, but you stopped him.

"No, no, no, you can't talk yourself out of this one. I funded them, and their music so they can travel, and play internationally. This is the fourth date you ruined Koie." He flinched at that. "Why Koie?.... Why?"

"You're mad." He said.

"Damn straight, I'm mad! You ruined my favorite cocktail dress, Ken!"

"I'm sorry, I can't let you date that guy." He said.

"Why? I need to know why."

"Umm. He picks his nose?" He said.

"Seriously!!?!?" You began yelling.

"He likes older woman. You don't know if he has a-"

"Ken, stop it! I don't want to hear these wierd things that comes out of your mouth. The one before was too old. The one before that has too long of a hair. Ken, please just save me the stress, and tell me!" You said, on the verge of tears. Maybe it was fustration. Maybe it was because Ken told you everything, and he's not now. Maybe you-

When you seen his eyes shifted down, it broke you out of your thoughts. You got your answer.

"Do you like me?" You asked treading on a minefield, if you weren't playing it right.

"Yes." He whispered.

Your eyes softened. Your heart softened. Your body softened. Why are you getting weak?

"I-I can't okay?" You whispered.

Ken threw his hands up. "Yeah, I get it. Just because we were best friends, you can't ruin it. Right? Because we are best friends, I don't know you like your dates know you? Is that how it goes? Or is it because I know you, so I don't get the chance to even show you what someone could do when they are in love? I'm not going to carry on further. Enjoy your ramen." Ken said, leaving from your house, sight, and grasp.

"Because I'm in love with you." You whispered, not enjoying the ramen at all.

~~~~~~~

After a few weeks from that day, the bassist, Hiro came over to your house.

"What is that in your hair?" He asked.

You grabbed the foreign object, and looked at it.

"Cheeto."

Someone else grabbed it out of your hand. You looked up to see Tatsu's face, looking at you.

"I'm going to wash you, if you don't wash yourself." He said glaring at you.

You ran for the shower.

~~~~~~

"I hate you." You said.

"I glared at you, and you got scared." Tatsu laughed, holding his open whiskey bottle.

"Shut up." You told him "Where are we?" You asked Hiro.

"You're going to be in the crowd, watch us play." He said.

"Okay." You said, not wanting to argue.

~~~~~~

You stayed at the concert, as promised. You felt tears coming down, after you heard Ken sing, 'Tears Fall'. Why didn't you realize it before that day?

He wasn't himself. No, not at all.

Hearing pitter patter of rain on top of the rooftop, you began to run outside. Feeling cold water hit your whole body, the only thing you could think about is how sick you're going to get.

"What are you doing? Get inside, you're going to get sick!" Ken yelled.

You turned around, smiling at him. Why couldn't you realize it before that day?

"We met in the rain." You told him.

"You got sick too. Get-"

"Inside. I know. After all these years, I should of known." You whispered that last part to yourself.

"Please get-" you interrupted him. "Listen to me now. I know how it feels to love. I love you Ken, and it feels amazing. I'm willing to live this cliche moment with you. I'm willing to get sick for you. I hate getting sick, and cliche things, and you know that better than anyone. I couldn't understand why I wanted you. I waited for you in those weeks. I got disappointed that you didn't bring me here. Those dates, I thought of you, Ken. What you wanted for dinner. If you would go see a movie with me. How we could be something, and why. I was on dates with bimbos, who knows why. I love you, Ken. I didn't want to tell you how I felt about you. I'm scared, and I can't think straight, because you're always on my mind. This has to be love -"

Ken's lips crashed into yours, one hand on your hip, the other tangled within your hair.

Yep, this is love

~~~~~~~~

I'm willing to write three extensions to this. First one is how you two met, second is Tatsu trying to beauty you up, third is after this one shot. Where you got sick and Ken teases you.

But only if you want it.

------

Currently Working On:

💮 Hiroki x Reader