chapter twelve

"The truth is, unless you let go, unless you forgive yourself, unless you forgive the situation, unless you realize that the situation is over, you cannot move forward." 

  ― Steve Maraboli

Aanvi Zenobia   

"I been knew that girl hit him first." My mom said as we just finished the Chris Brown documentary. 

"I really don't like Rihanna no more, she let him take that charge and ruin his life knowing she caused all of that." 

"That's what's wrong with females, they think they can put their hands on a male and he suppose to just take it. No." 

"Exactly I'm not hitting no male without expecting the outcome. I mean they'll die if they hit me back but I don't expect them to just sit there." 

"So what are you doing for your birthday?" 

"I don't even know." 

"It's tomorrow, how don't you know?" 

"Because I left the planning to Zeph." 

"Oh then I know you're going to have a good time, he wouldn't let you be unhappy."

"Yeah, you right." I nodded watching the news with her. 

I sat up abruptly seeing two boys pictures on the news, I turned the t.v up hearing that they were murdered making me open my mouth in shock. I was confused as fuck but I quickly put two and two together. 

"You know them?" My mom asked.

"One of those boys hit me when I was getting jumped and I recognize the other one, I just- it's sad." I said still looking at the pictures until it went off. 

"Are you sad for them?" 

"I'm not really sad but it's just a funny feeling." 

I knew Jace and Zeph had something to do with it, that was the real reason it was bugging me. I know Zeph wouldn't leave it alone seeming as though they put their hands on us and pulled out guns. The thing that bothered me the most is this isn't Zeph, this is Mitch and I didn't know how far this person could take things.

"Are Lee and Sef back together?" She asked taking me out of my thoughts.

"No, Lee doesn't answer him unless he asking about the baby."

"Why she mad at him again?"

"Because after the fight he called her out her name multiple times and even after they left the hospital he was still yelling at her calling her shit. She said she don't wanna be around him so she broke up with him."

"I understand where he coming from." 

"I do too but I can't say nothing because if roles were reversed I would have did what Lee did." I shrugged. "Even if she watched us get jumped, she would have still had to fight because they were still hitting her even when Sef was out there. Them bitches or niggas didn't care that she was pregnant, they were so bold." 

"Did she try to explain that to him?" 

"He told her to shut her retarded ass up." I said, laughing. "We even tried to explain it to him but he wasn't tryna hear anything, he even tried cursing us out." 

"He cursed y'all out?" 

"Oh no baby, he tried to." 

Laughing, she shook her head. "What did he say?" 

"Talking about, we all could have walked away from the situation but yet put her in a predicament when we would have been the first ones crying with her dumbass if something happened."