chapter fifteen

"You yourself, as much as anyone in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection." 

-- Buddha

Aanvi Zenobia

"I'm greedy so Imma let her order first." Sef said making me and the waiter laugh.

"I would like the toffee apple cheesecake french toast-"

"That sound good as hell." Sef cut me off making me roll my eyes.

"Scrambled eggs, sausage links and with two hash browns."

"I'm eating for two so-"

"Boy!" I busted out laughing. 

"For real." He laughed. "I want the cupcake pancakes, the t-bone steak and eggs but I don't want them like this." He showed the man the picture. "I want them scrambled."

"You so difficult." I mugged him.

"Is that all?" The man asked eyeing me.

"Nah, I want hash browns too and some ham."

"Drinks?"

"I want a hot chocolate with whipped cream on top." I smiled.

"I'll just take a orange juice, you might as well give her one too, she'll be asking for one soon enough."

"You don't know me." I rolled my eyes handing the man our menus.

"Be right out with your drinks." He smiled as I nodded.

"That nigga ain't getting no tip, he ain't look me in my face not once but all in yours." He shook his head.

"I look better than you."

"Girl, stop lying on this Tuesday morning." He scoffed.

"I be having that effect on people, they be like "damn, who that?" Be making me feel like I'm Beyonce or some shit." I laughed.

"You tried it." He yelled making me laugh. "What if you was my girl and his disrespectful ass just keep looking? I would of beat his ass up. He lucky, I'm not Mitch."

"Niggas can't even spare a glance at me before he cursing them out, I thought I was bad but he really worst." 

Which was true, Zeph possessive ass get so mad if someone stare at me. Don't even get me started if he catch me looking back, we'll be skipping world war three, four and five going straight to six.

"Y'all equal each other out." He laughed.

"So how you and Lee?" I asked as the man bought out our drinks.

"We're..." He trailed off for a word. "Adjusting I guess? Yeah, you could say that."

"What does that mean?" 

"We not explainable, it'll hurt my head trying to get someone to understand us. We're not together but we can't do whatever we want."

"Y'all together." I rolled my eyes.

"Nah, she asked for space and I'm giving it to her. I think she feels suffocated and I don't want her to resent me or have unneeded hatred towards me so I'm giving her what she want. She don't want me texting her everyday? Cool. She hit me up for dick? Cool. She entertaining another nigga? Not cool."

"I love how selfless y'all are towards each other but stupid at the same time."

"What you mean?"

"When she hit Amour, she broke up with you so she wouldn't put you in a predicament to choose between her or your sister. Now, y'all not together because you don't want to seem like you her dad or something. Y'all don't think about y'all feelings, y'all think about each other feelings. It's stupid but selfless at the same time."