~|ZaneXReader(Part 2)|~

I couldn't help, but let fear creep into me as I worked, my hand shaking slightly as I wrote down on a piece of paper.

"Hey Zane, you ok?", my head shot to the side as my eyes met hers, making me sigh as if looking at her made my fear go away.

"Yeah, I'm fine.", I said, hoping it would convince her.

"No, you're not.", I turned to look at her, a look of seriousness plastered on her face.

"I can tell something's on your mind.", I looked away quickly, sweat slowly coming down my forehead by the way she was making me nervous.

"W-What do you mean?", I said, my voice hesitating.

"I can tell when someone's nervous. I pick up on these sort of things often.", I slowly turned to look her, seeing a warm smile plastered on her face.

"You can tell me Zane. Remember, I trust you so, you can trust me.", I didn't answer her, knowing if I said something she would freak out. Even if she wouldn't, I'm not taking any chances.

"Zane?", I stayed silent before sighing, ready to give her my final answer.

"I'm sorry (Y/N), but, I can't tell you. No matter how much trust I have in you or you have in me, I can't say anything."

"Hey, come on don't be like that.", she said putting a hand my shoulder, making me tense.

"I can't, I'm sorry (Y/N)."

"Come on Zane! I'm sure you--"

"NO, I CAN'T AND I WON'T TELL YOU, SO CAN YOU PLEASE STOP PERSISTING AND JUST BE QUIET!?!", I covered my mouth, not realizing what I had just done as I instantly regretted it.

"(Y-Y/N), I'm--"

"No, you're not.", without another word, she turned her back on me and sat far away from me.

"Don't even dare speak my name or even look at me. In fact, don't ever talk to me again.", as she spoke those words, my heart ached in pain, wishing I hadn't snapped on her.

"I really thought you had changed, but I guess you proved me wrong.", with that, she turned her gaze away from me as I turned away from her, my heart feeling broken from what she had said to me. All I could do, was sit in the same room as her and feel regret beyond words.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

I walked around the castle grounds as I made my way towards the small dungeon (Y/N) was located in. It's a been a few days already and she still won't talk to me, causing me to become really distracted which results in me getting yelled at for not being "professional". I slouched, not really excited for another day of being ignored. It's honestly painful being discarded by one of your friends, especially when it's one that you-- Wait, did I just call (Y/N) my friend? Before I could continue to think on it any longer, I suddenly heard yelling, causing me to be alert as I looked around to find the source of it. Once I got a pretty good guess of where it was coming from, I began to head towards it, the yelling getting louder and louder until I could finally tell who's voice it was.

"Hey, let me go! Don't make me hurt you!"

"Hahahaha! Oh please, like you can lay a finger on us."