Chapter 73 - Letting him know. (1/2)

Masaledaar=full of spices (=masala) , here - fully dramatic

RAGINI'S POV

"Hey umm...Sahil?" I finally said as I stopped in my tracks and waited for him to do the same.

"Hmm..huh?" He said turning around to face me as we stopped walking down the corridor.

There was a slow wind blowing in the open corridor that connected the waiting room to the marriage court room.

There were benches lined on each side , with the stairs behind them  going downwards to the beautifully manicured green gardens on each side.

"What happened? " Sahil asked worried.

Tell him  . Tell him NOW.

"Are you having second thoughts?" He asked concerned.

I shook my head ,"No . I am not. But..."

"But..." He repeated my word, looking straight into my eyes.

His golden brown eyes shining , bearing deep into mine.

And then he continued," See, if you are  having second thoughts, then...." then he looked around and continued," you can run away. I mean , it's open here. It's all open. You can run down the stairs and I won't stop you. And.....and our parents," he stated moving his hand between the two of us," don't worry about them. I will handle them.

But I don't want you to be forced into this." He said genuinely.

A big smile came up on my face as I shook my head, looking at the guy I am about to get married to.

This...this all that he just said , reaffirmed my faith in my decision.

But I still needed to inform him.

More so ever now , after he so innocently asked me to run away if I want to.

I chuckled.

"No. It's not that. It's....it's something that I should inform you before we get married, otherwise I won't forgive myself for not telling you this." I said looking at him. He came a step closer to me and then asked me in a worrying tone, " What is it , Ragi?"

He was serious. He was worried. But it looked like he was worried for me . I think he thought that something had happened to me that I needed him to know.

I shook my head  ,looked down and then took a deep breath in and then looked up to see him staring at me , not moving a muscle.

"I ....." I looked away , and then back at him," I....... tried to run away."

I finally said it to him.

His eyes widened , eye brows went up. But that's that. Nothing else. He then nodded his head slowly, as if taking in the new information that I just bursted in front of him.

"You..........you tried to run away ?"  He asked, emphasizing on "you" and pointing to me as if he knew there was more to it.

I sighed. Let's spill it all out now!

"My mom....my mom tried...to make me run away ."

He looked at me just the way I expected him to - confused.

"Huh?" He shook his head trying to take it in.

"My mom did not want me to get married, still probably doesn't. She thinks I am forcing myself to do this, and that I am doing it for her. And so she decided to take matters in her own hand. And....."