xii

PLAY THE SONG WHILE READING

it has been months since the missing of minhyun, everyday haneul stepped into the school with heavy heart. even until today, haneul was afraid she can't see minhyun anymore, she went to school with a heavy heart, again. she walked slow, her head looking down to the ground, bumping to almost everyone in the school hallway.

"what's wrong?" hyejoo asked her.
"is it about minhyun again?" hyejoo sighed.

"what if he's dーdead?" haneul was trembling. she wished she could take back what she said.

"he isn't! he is alive! maybe he moved out of town or maybe heー"

haneul phone rang, she hurriedly took her phone out of her bag and saw unknown was calling.
incoming call from unknown
deny | accept
"who's this?"

"hospital 101. minhyun."

the unknown hung up and left haneul dumbfounded.

"hospital 101? minhyun?" haneul thought to
herself.

               "goodnight, goodbye."

"who was that?" hyejoo asked

"oh shー" haneul ran to the main gate, she ran as quickly as she can. bumping to everyone, again.

she searched for a taxi, she luckily got one after searching for approximately 20 minutes.

"hospital 101, please hurry up!"

"are you going to give birth? what so hurry for?"

she sighed "it's not the time to joke. when people want to go to hospital SOMETHING BAD IS HAPPENING NOW TURN ON YOUR CAR NOW AND TAKE ME TO THE HOSPITAL NOW," tears are already in the edge of her eyes, wanting to look strong, she wiped her eyes.

he turned on his car and went to the hospital with a fast pace, when she arrived at the hospital, she quickly ran to the administration and asked for hwang minhyun.

"hwang minhyun, room number 4." she smiled and guided haneul the room with her right hand.

haneul mouthed a 'thanks' and ran to his room. she saw minhyun on the bed with a doctor standing beside him.

"what the hell is going on in here?" haneul asked.

"he has a disease where he'll forget things, he only can remember things that are really meaningful to him, he's sleeping. please tell him a story that'll trigger his memory," the doctor said.

"where are his parents?"

"dead."

"oーoh my God," she closed her mouth. all this time, minhyun listened to the story about her parents yet he didn't want to tell her his story.

"since when did he stay at the hospital?"

"a few months ago."

she nodded with tears falling down, these past few months...

"now, are you ready for a story, minhyun?" she weakly smiled.

the bed of him suddenly moved, made the both of them looked to minhyun.

"who are you?" he asked, his hand on his head. she widened her eyes, remembering what the doctor said.

"he only can remember things that are really meaningful to him"

did haneul left him a meaningful memory?
no, she didn't. she was just dust on a shelf, a passerby in his life.

the reason why he wanted to study at haneul's house with jaehwan was because he wanted to spend everyday with his friends, to make him remember them.

in result, nothing helped him. not even a whole haneul. it's bitter, it's really bitter. the reality, it's absolutely bitter. the only thing that was sweet for haneul was the existence of minhyun himself.