end.

2 YEARS LATER
now that haneul and minhyun are both 20, they start working. in the middle of working haneul was called to guide minhyun to bring back his memory, yes, he still forgot things.

he started to remember haneul little by little, all he knew was that she was his friend. her memories with her, what she meant to him, he forgot it all.

"I want you to go back to your high school and bring minhyun with you," the doctor said.

"what's the point of it? everything won't work anymore. everything you did... none of them worked," haneul rubbed her temple and sighed.

"please, one more timeー"

"I'm in the middle of working. please call me whenー"

"do you want him to remember you?"

"yーyes, I want to butー"

"bring him back to your high school."

with that, the doctor hung up the phone. she immediately stand up and excused herself to go to somewhere else important, actually, she went to minhyun's workplace.

she went to the administration and asked him if minhyun is working today or not.

"he isn't working today miss, he's in a hospital."

"ah, I see. thank you then!" she smiled and waved.

on the way to hospital, she really wished he can remember things. when she meant by things, it's all things. his memories with her, how she meant to him, and his friends.

she parked her car and went to dr. lee room, minhyun's doctor.

"now we have lee haneul here, please take hwang minhyun to his old high school."

he stand up and followed haneul from the back, he really wanted to remember everything. how important was she to him, he wanted to remember that. unfortunately, things didn't go as plan.

SCROLL UP AND PLAY THE SONG
WHILE READING

when they arrived at their old high school, she sadly smiled remembering their memories.

they looked to their achievements in the cupboard, their photos, and many other things. when they saw the picture of haneul, minhyun, hyejoo, sewoon, and woojin together, he pointed to himself.

"is that me?" he asked.

haneul excitedly smiled and nodded rapidly.

"yes! that's you!"

"and who are the others?"

her expression changed and she weakly smiled, explaining it to him.

"that's hyejoo and sewoon, being the lovely couple they are. andー uhー that's usー"

"why did we look so close?

"because we were..." she trailed off.

"why can I remember things?"

"I'm sure you can one day," she smiled.

"wーwere you that important to me?"

"you tell me," she sadly smiled and guided him to all of the classes there, when they arrived at their class, she smiled.

"whose class is this?"

"this is our class! that's where hyejoo sat and that's where I sat and that's where you sat!"

"it feels like we were all happy in high school before I ruined it," he said while forcing his smile.

if only I can take you back. if only I can make you back. if only... you're here.

                                   •    •    •
"the end," haneul said while smiling.

"that wasー that was... I miss minhyun," hyejoo trailed off.

"we all do, we can't turn back time, can we?" haneul sighed while still looking at her laptop.

sewoon suddenly hugged hyejoo and cheered her up "you still have me, okay? cheer up!" sewoon said while smiling.

"congratulations on your book. I hope things go well," joochan said while putting his hands one her shoulders.

"yeah, thank you. I think I'm going to visit minhyun and I'll be back," haneul stand up and got her key.

"sure, take your time," joochan smiled. she excused herself to go outside, and got into her car.

"are you ready for this?" she said to herself and looked at herself.
"hell yeah, I am."

she drove her car and got there in 20 minutes. his place wasn't that far.

"ah minhyun! I just finished my book and I'm really proud of it, well kinda. I really hope you're there though," she smiled, placing the flowers on his stone.

"I have to use joochan as my love interest, I hope you aren't mad," she chuckled.
"actually, I don't want to use your name in my book. Iー I uhー I want to forget everything..." she trailed off.

"you know what minhyun? reality is really bitter if you dig into it deeper, they aren't going to be sweet and they've never been sweet. should I be grateful that I know you? I met you? when in the end you left a huge wound..." she said, tears are already everywhere in her face, mascara dropping, she was looking like a whole mess.

"you were like a bubble gum to me, you were sweet at the very first start. but it's going to taste like nothing in the end... live a good life there, okay? until we meet, my emperor hwang minhyun." she said goodbye, she stand up and waited for a little bit there. looking at his stone, drenching herself in the rain.

after a few minutes, haneul drove back to her place, her friends looked at her, all drenched from the rain. they hurriedly got her a towel to warm her up.

"where have you been? we were all worried for you! you could've justー"

"graveyard, okay! she went to visit minhyun!" joochan shouted

hyejoo, the one who shouted stay shut and looked sorry for her.

"I'm so sorー"

"it's the past, don't be sorry for it. at least I have you all, IーI'm fine..." she trailed off.

seongwoo hated the gloomy and sad atmosphere, he started to bring out the beer from haneul's fridge and screamed.

"congratulations lee haneul! now, let's binge watch drama and drink this beer!" he said while dancing.

how she wished she can have minhyun beside her, even though he is gone already.

minhyun suffered from a disease that led him to his death 2 years ago. he didn't talk about these things to his friends, because he felt he'd ruin the happy vibes their teenage years have.

the reason why haneul wrote the book is that she wanted to remember their youth, their happiness before it vanished, their happy life before it gets ruined, and last but not least, haneul's friendship with minhyun before it all ended.

"reality is really bitter if you dig into it deeper, they aren't going to be sweet and they've never been sweet."

reality | hwang minhyun
by DDEOKBOK1

END.