Chapter 9: Too late

Third Person:
Carina stood there, her face calm and composed. She was staring at Mr Andrews.
"Alina isn't telling the truth. She asked him out. He said no. I saw it with my own eyes."
Mr Andrews sneered.
"Yes, a girl would be crying over something as stupid as that." It wasn't really a question. And yet it was the most sarcastic thing Henry had ever heard in his life.
Carina glanced around the hall, glaring at the bystanders who had seen the whole thing.
"You all saw it. I know you did." Carina said, her voice rising. "Are you all going to stand there like a bunch of elephants as this girl lies through her teeth?" Henry was sure she was about to throw a huge fit, but a voice cut through the crowd.
"Alina's lying."
Henry turned to see who it was. Kenny Smith. He was just about the most popular boy in Henry's grade.
He was just the most beautiful thing ever. Blonde hair. Blue eyes. Light skin. Tall. Muscular. Heck, even Henry could admit that if he was a girl he'd like him.
He saw Carina blush slightly, a warm oink invading her cheeks.
Wait, what?
He didn't take time to think about it though, because a another bystander, Emma Herbrew, stepped forward, daring to say the two words-
"She's lying."
Soon, it was a whole crowd, not a crowd of "elephants" but of brave people who chose to stabd against the most popular gir- LIER in their school. Henry was shocked to find himself smiling. Huh. People did care after all.
The buff teacher widened his eyes and glared down at Alina. If his eyes were bullets, she would be dead before she hit the floor.
"Is this true, Alina?" He hissed, spitting her name out like a foul curse word.
She gritted her teeth, and she stomped her foot, and then-
She screamed.
It was deafening, hideous, monstrous, and the teacher had no time for it. He grabbed her arm, and dragged her to the detention room.
Henry rolled his eyes. Typical.
Actually, no, it wasn't typical. It was AWESOME.
But that ruins the whole cool part of it.
Then the situation flipped over.
Henry felt a shy tap on his shoulder, and he turned around to face Carina, who was still a little pink.
"Oh, hey Carina. Um, thanks for standing up for me. Y'know, the whole Alina the banshee business."
Carina nodded quickly, but then whispered,
"Yeah, um, I want to tell you something,g after school. It is really important."
Henry stood there, dumbstruck. Him? She wanted to tell him something? What, exactly, was this something?
Henry calmed down his racing heart, and nodded quickly.
"Meet me at my place at 5:00. We can talk then."
Carina nodded, smiling, and right then, her sharp features melted. She looked so thankful, for some strange reason, even though Henry knew he was the one who should have been so grateful.
He was smiling widely as Mr Andrews gave the two of them passes to their next class, and Henry couldnt stop.
He could only hope that his luck would continue.
Later that day, at 5, to be precise.
Henry practically sprinted go the door when the doorbell rang, calmed down his shaky breath, and opened the door.
Carina was in her yoga pants and an American eagle tank. He stopped himself from saying that she looked nice, and invited her in.
As soon as they were settled, Carina went straight to the point.
"I need some advice."
Henry nodded.
"On what?" He asked, as sincerely as humanly possible.
"Um... Boy trouble. With. Kenny."
Henry stifled a gasp.
He should have known. The blush. The way he stood up for her thoughts first.
Dang it.
Dang it.
Dang it.
He felt himself shrink a little, so he tried to sit up straight.
He tried not to cry as she described how handsome he was, how they were so friendly, how she had liked him. Ever. Since. She. Had. Seen. Him.
Henry didn't stabd a chance. Not against athletic, good-looking, smart, buff Kenny.
He scolded himself as she rambled on and on and on and on.
He should have never liked her. He should have just kept her as a friend. He should have just ignored her. Get the biology project done. Leave her alone.
Her smile captivated him for a second as he looked at her once more. And he almost, almost blushed. But he couldn't, because he knew now.
She smiled for Kenny.
Hey everyone! Sorry I havent posted for so long! I have been focusing on school, mostly, with all these tests, and um, stuff. I am so glad that I had some free time to start posting again! Please read, and thank you readers who have stayed with me the whole way through this fun story! New readers, I hope you like the story, and please come back for more! Thanks!
                                            Storycupcake