Chapter 6

*Perri POV*

I arrived at the jail and it looked old like it's been here forever. I was trying to look tough on the outside but on the inside I was terrified. I don't want to get raped, jumped, or killed. I bet everyone in here does that. Why couldn't I just go to juvenile!? The police escorted me inside and gave me clothes to put on. The man had left me with a lady officer.

Perri: I hate orange!

LadyO: PUT THE SUIT ON!

Perri: DON'T RAISE YOUR VOICE AT ME

LadyO: *tackles Perri* WATCH YOUR MOUTH YOUNG LADY

Perri: GET OFF ME! *pulls the lady hair and punches her in the face*

I can't believe this woman just tackled me! I ain't put my hands on her or anything. So since I wasn't in handcuffs I wasn't about to let her beat me up. I started kicking her in the face and knocked her out. By that time another officer came in. He didn't look surprised at all. He simply told me to put on my clothes so he could escort me to my cell. I was surprised he was so calm by my actions. It was like he didn't even care or was used to my kind of behavior. I put my clothes on and we started walking down this long hall.

Perri: My feet hurt!

Officer: Young lady what's your name?

Perri: Perri

Officer: Last name?

Perri: *stops walking* Aren't you supposed to know all this stuff!? Why you asking me all these questions!?

Officer: *chuckles* Yeah. I just wanted to make small talk

Perri: *starts walking again* Are you like one of those officers that rape prisoners and hope that the boss don't find out?

Officer: No, I just talk to the prisoners to try and help them shorten their sentences. If you let me I could help you as well.

Perri: I don't know

Officer: Don't know what?

Perri: If I could trust anybody

Officer: Well you can trust me

Perri: How do I know that you aren't gonna try and pull anything?

Officer: *slams Perri against the wall* Because if I wanted too, I could easily do it but I don't want to *lets her go*

Perri: Okay then.

Officer: How old are you?

Perri: 17 about to be 18 in two days

Officer: Spending your birthday in jail, Classic *laughs*

Perri: *laughs* That's not funny, I could be playing basketball

Officer: Well you can do that here if you're good and not fighting

Perri: Yeah I guess

Officer: Well here is your cell. You do have a cell mate, She is .....Something but if you need me just call for me *walks off*

Perri: Wait!

Officer: Yes?

Perri: Name?

Officer: Kyle Braxton

Perri: Thanks

I sat on the bottom bunk and stared at the wall. It had drawings of girls with a huge 'X ' across them. Something told me that my cell mate might be crazy. I meant what I told Officer Braxton though. I can't trust anybody. I guess everyone is at lunch or something because it's so quiet inside. I splashed water on my face and looked up in the window to catch a girl standing in the cell smiling evil at me. I jumped and turned around. I didn't say anything because I was too scared to say anything. She looked my age though.

Indy: Hello, You must be the new chick

Perri: *nods*

Indy: Well I'm Indyia but call me Indy. We are gonna have so much fun or at least I will *laughs*

Okay, I didn't know what she meant but she was creeping me out. I don't know of I'm going to last in jail.