War and loss (Continued 2)

EXT. WARTIME MANILA - DAY

It is raining. Burned down buildings constellate the city. Only a couple of cars and a handful of PEOPLE are out. There are checkpoints with Japanese military vehicles and SOLDIERS partially blocking the streets.

A passing calesa, a Filipino horse-drawn calash, reveals Wallstreet walking aimlessly in the rain, firmly holding his last possession, the camera.

CAMERA:     I seek refugeIn the desolate realm of silence. / But I can hear me screaming / Inside my head.

We follow as Wallstreet walks In front of a devastated building where we see RAHUL SEN, 36, an Indian street hustler, standing under his umbrella, harrying PASSERSBY to drop coins in his metal cup. He sings in perfect harmony with the camera.

CAMERA/RAHUL:     (chorus)   A million silent screams of broken dreams. / A million silent screams of broken dreams. / A million silent screams of broken dreams. / A million silent screams of broken dreams.

Wallstreet stops, stares at Rahul who returns the intense look.

CAMERA:     With the walls of my heart / I cage my sorrows numb.But I can hear me screamingInside my head. / (speaking)   And no one else will ever, ever hear me now.

Rahul thrusts his metal cup and motions to the boy with his head, telling him to drop a coin.

Wallstreet stands beside him and shares in the umbrella's shelter from the rain. Rahul rolls his eyes up.

 Rahul rolls his eyes up

Wattpad Version