Chapter 9

Puri dunya kuch maang rahi hai..

Kyun k puri dunya pagal hai..

Maangne se kuch milta nahi..

Bakwaas hai ye sab!

______________________________

Anjali stood besides his bed as the doctor tended to her husband's wounds who was half conscious writhing in pain until the painkillers effect kicked in and he slept making her sigh in relief.

Subhadra entered in the room whilst the doctor and the nurses walked out.

"As long as Arnav will stay with that girl and trust her, your husband will get hurt the same way Anjali bitiya." She said sternly.

"Chote has misunderstood Shyam ji I know but there isn't any fault of Khushi ji in this Dadi.My brother loves her and so does she. Neither I can do anything about it nor I want to, honestly." Anjali mumbled softly wiping her eyes.

"So you'd let that girl fill your brother's ears about your husband and you won't do anything about it."

"That girl has a name Dadi and more so, she is my Chote's wife. Khushi Singh Raizada!"

Subhadra Devi was taken aback by the firmness in her tone.

Anjali shook her head before taking her Dadi's hand in hers.

"I am sorry Dadi for being rude. But I really, really know about Khushi's importance in my brother's life and I can't snatch it from him for my own selfish reasons. Please try to understand that.If not for anyone else but for our Chote's happiness."

Subhadra didn't say anything but nodded grudgingly making Anjali hug her in gratitude.

"Everything will be alright Dadi. I am sure it will be, one day. Just give it some time."

"You won't be excused at all Mrs.Raizada. Either you will tell me the truth of what you are hiding from me or not only would I hurt your family, you will get punished too. There your family will suffer and here I will douse all of my cravings and desires of the last three months!"

Khushi stared at him not at all surprised by his threat.

"You will force me?"

"We will see whether I have to force you or not!"

"You mean nothing to me. That's what you said do you remember?" She gritted. His grip on her hands tightened.

"And now you want to show your rights on me?" She asked in disbelief.

"Why don't you forget what I said that night?"He whispered exasperated.

"I can't. Do you hear me? I can't."

"I had to do that because you didn't leave me any choice by chosing that woman over me. Now, do you hear me?"

"I chose the side of the person who was right."