Chapter 1

Alexander's POV
"Alexander, now you listen good, you're lucky the Washington's offered to take you in. You know as well as I do that no one wants to adopt teenagers." My social worker puffed, "so don't ruin this." The last eight times were not my fault. I sighed and nodded. I looked around and took in my surroundings. It was a chilly fall day, the ground blanketed with red and orange, the house was a large wood estate that had an old plantation charm. the house is located right outside New York City, it looked out of place. After my social worker knocked on the door a very tall and very muscular man answered the door.
"Oh! You must be Alexander!" The man smiled happily, "I'm George Washington your foster father."
"GEORGE! IS HE HERE!" Called a feminine voice.
"Yes he is Martha!" Then there was a scream and a short plump woman wearing a "kiss the cook" apron ran over. She looked like such a mom. Nothing like my mother, before she died anyway.
"Oh dearie! Hello I'm Martha, I'm your foster mom! Oh! Look at you, all skin and bones, don't you worry I just took the cinnamon apple pie out of the oven." She hurried me into the large wooden estate, and sat me down at a pretty red oak table. She placed a plate in front of me and gave me a slice of pie.
"Let me get you some hot cocoa dear." This is way to domestic. The nice old woman, my new foster mom, Martha, handed me a mug of hot chocolate.
"Thank you miss." I said politely. I took in by surroundings and an open newspaper caught my eye. In bold letters across the top it said 'NOTORIOUS SERIAL KILLER KNOWN AS "THE ANGEL OF DEATH" STRIKES AGAIN'
I raise an eyebrow, The Angel of Death? Really? Was that the best they could come up with? Real creative guys. I grab the newspaper and read what it says, what? I'm curious.

'The notorious serial killer who calls themselves The Angel of Death has been evading police for seven months. The body count has reached a staggering 31 deaths. The serial killer has been seen to only go after the rich and people in positions of power. The killer usually leaves messages in blood on the walls near the mutilated corpse of their victims, this specific victim was 46 year old New York senator George Clinton(not the Clinton of modern times y'all, he's a historical jerk who messed with Alex) the message left said "A man who abuses his power will burn in the deepest places of hell." There is still no info on who the killer is.'

Woah. That's messed up. I looked at the black and white photo of the mutilated man, he was scalped and was cut open down the middle and his were cut off and his eyes gouged out. Grotesque.

A/N: whoops... I posted the wrong draft because my internet f*cked up, my apologies for those who read the draft got the beginning of chapter 2 spoiled for them