Chapter 14- Dear June...

Damien's P.O.V.:

Two weeks after the full moon:

Tyler sat beside me on a large leather couch, several books scattered around me and the coffee table in front of him and I. River sat across from us in a large leather chair, their legs folded as they read an old crusty book. Tyler sighed loudly, falling over the side of the couch and pretending to cry. "Why is this so difficult?" He whined, rolling around on the floor like a child. River and I laughed loudly, and a woman came by to check on us. She was an elder of the pack, but not officially. She wasn't apart of the council. She was hunched over a few books in her arms, and her long white hair was pulled into a loose bun. Her glasses were attached to her old, knitted sweater. She wore a pencil skirt, which was too big for her, and some lazy shoes. A typical librarian.

"Please keep it down," she said, and somewhat authority laced her voice. It didn't mean much, considering I was the alpha, but we listened nonetheless. "Why're we doing this?" Tyler asked, looking up at me. "Ty, you know why. This is your thing,"

"I'd like to know," said my father's beta, William "Will" June. His arms were crossed, and an angry expression laced his face. Anger rose in my chest, but I didn't let it pass there. "Why?" I asked, raising my eyebrows and looking at him with disgust, "What business do you have here?" I asked, looking him up and down and scoffing. He growled slightly at me, only to stop once he remembered who was alpha. His voices calmed and he rested his arms behind him, "Your father wishes to see you as soon as possible. He has some more pack business to attend to with you," he glanced at River, rolled his eyes and waited for a reply. "Tell him some other time. I have my own matters to attend," I could tell he was pissed by me saying this, but he walked away without another word.

Tyler sat back on the couch, resting his legs on mine. "Why are we doing this?" River asked, looking up from their book. I grunted, "It's obvious but, whatever. We're looking for Tyler's father in the records of shifters, and we're also looking for information on fox shifters. I spoke with the elders and they said they'd never heard of a fox shifter, only in old legends, so we're trying to figure shit out," Tyler rolled his eyes, tossing a book and grabbing my arm, making my drop my book. "Let's go do something fun." He said, a smirk lingering on his face. I sighed, standing up and tossing my book onto the coffee table. "Ty..." I murmured. Tyler started tugging at me, and I just stood there, watching him. River got up as well, and they both started to pull on my arms until I caved and finally followed them out of the library. This was planned.

--

After a long walk and several cries from River and Tyler for me to hurry up, I was eventually lead into the empty kitchen, where I had first met Tyler. I sighed, looking around. The kitchen was spotless, and there wasn't a soul in sight. "I want dinner," Tyler said, sitting down at the small dining table near the large bay window at the front of the house. "You're going to make me cook you dinner? I asked, looking him up and down. River and him nodded excitedly, and I covered my face with my hand in shame.

"Oh come on Damien," River said, walking over to me and hugging my side, "You've been able to cook so well for me... you're not gonna say no after all these years of being my house wife?" I shoved them of and tackled them to the ground, "Um excuse me?" I asked, "I'm nobody's housewife, but I will make you dinner,"

--

After having a huge dinner, which was delicious, by the way, River, Tyler and I were sitting alone in the kitchen talking about random crap, such as the new season of Voltron, when an elder walked in. He wasn't someone I had met before, but his robes and presence marked him as one of the council. I immediately stood up, bowing to him, and River and Tyler followed quickly after. Nobody spoke for a long moment, until the Elder coughed slightly and spoke, "We need to speak," he said, and his voice echoed with age. I slowly rose to my feet, as did Tyler and River, and the Elder motioned for us to follow him.

He lead us down a long hallway, one I hadn't really explored much, since it was guarded by two of our pack members. I assumed it was where we kept special goods, such as weapons, or maybe even the council's meeting room was far down the hall. I didn't have much time to question things as we entered one of the first rooms, and with a long pause of the Elder messing with the key, we walked through a large oak door. We entered a dimly lit room, it was somewhat small, with bookshelves that stood all the way to the ceiling piled with books. Several books were in neat towers, but others were strewn about carelessly.

A large pillow sat dead center in the middle, with a small square Japanese-esc table in front of it. Three smaller pillows, almost just as large, sat across from the table angled at the largest. Candles flicked around the room, in somewhat dangerous spots, yet they didn't catch anything on fire. The Elder moved in silently, his cloak floating behind him elegantly, and he sat down on the largest pillow, motioning of us to sit. A strange ambiance lingered in the room, as did the deep scent of trees and old books.

The Elder picked up and book and read it carefully, his pale blue eyes grazing the paper. River, Tyler, and I sat in a confused silence, and we glanced at one another frequently. "I'm sorry to say why you're here," the Elder began, and his voice turned extremely serious, and I watched his face's wrinkles deepen as he spoke, "I have bad news for all of you. I'm sorry I have to tell you this." He paused for dramatic effect, and we all stared at him in silence, "As you know, I'm able to predict and see the future because of my powers. I was once an alpha, then an Omega, and now I am a member of your council, faithful to your pack," he seemed like he was defending himself, but I didn't notice in the moment. He looked at me, a strange glint in his eyes.

"I have a bad omen. One I couldn't interpret," he sighed deeply, as if ashamed in himself, "I know it includes all of you, because.. well, you'll see. Here it is, Rivers flow with the power of a beta. Omegas will rise yet again to it's call. Somewhere one will betray. Eternal darkness will fall. But, the darkness will not last. Everything will not be as it seems. Trees and silence will follow the darkness, yet the silver will overcome. Rivers will again call forth the wolves. As will the call of the silver fox. Yet this will not be the end. Still, darkness will come, and be overcome again; the power of a fox and the blue tide wind will begin the new era of peace amongst wolves." He looked around at us, and I sighed gently, "Okay," was all I could say in the moment. "That's a lot to process," River mumbled from my side, and I smiled gently.

"One more thing, alpha," the Elder said, sensing our eagerness to leave, "you must pick your beta soon, yes? You cannot begin your reign until your father steps down, and a beta can be chosen..." I nodded kindly, "I know,"