Chapter 22- Dear Tyler...

I put on a button up shirt, a tie and some dress pants. I was going for 'business casual' for the ceremony. I adjusted my hair in my mirror. It felt weird being alone in my room, since I hadn't in a really long time. I sighed, putting my hands in the pockets of my dress pants and staring myself up and down. My gray eyes gleamed in the morning light, which shone through my room brighter than usual. River clicked open the door, their bright magenta hair poking in the room. Their eyes lit up the room, as well as a smile.

The stepped in, wearing almost the same thing as me, a button up and a long tie, though their's was all black with a silver tie, and I had a silver shirt with a black tie. We both wore black pants and black dress shoes, and we both hair our hair up in our favorite ways. I rested my arm on their head as they stepped up towards me, and I smiled alongside them. "How's everything?" I asked, looking down at them. They seemed to be in a state of peace as they looked over at me, "It's.. good. Really. Nothing's gone wrong on my end, at least." They stared themself up and down in the mirror, "Tyler's waiting at the stage, so is Dina. Ready?"
"Yeah."

I greeted Dina and Tyler, who were sitting at a table in front of the stage. Tyler was wearing the same thing as me, and Dina was wearing a short, silver and black dress with a large black bow wrapped around it. She was smiling, her hair placed beautifully along her. "Hi," she said, hugging me, "Are we going to start?" She asked, smiling. "Soon," I said, looking down at her and Tyler. I hugged Tyler kindly, and something clicked inside me for the first time as I held him. I brushed it off, pulling away from him, "Well, let's go." I said, "No time like the present."

I stepped up on the stage, Dina, River and Tyler on my sides. "First," I began, looking around at the large crowd which sat in front of me, "I am so unbelievably happy to have so many new members of our pack. I welcome them with open arms. We've been blessed by the moon goddess to have gained such resilient members, who will undoubtedly help further the pack as a whole." I smiled, nodding as cheers rang throughout the crowd, but I demanded attention again.

"However, a pack would not be complete without a Luna." I paused and looked over the crowd, "For so long, I have been unable to know who my mate is, because of the dark magic Rose and her followers had, and I had no intention of revealing my mate in such a manner, but I simply cannot wait any longer to be able to let you all know the truth." I let silence fill the air, and I looked over to my side, "My mate is Tyler. I wish one of us had known before, but fate didn't agree with us." Tyler's face was bright red as he moved over to me. I looked down at him smiling.

"So you knew then too, huh?" He asked, his eyes gleaming happily as he whispered to me, "Im so happy you're my mate, less work." He said. I smiled, pulling him in to a hug before kissing him deeply. "I love you."
"I love you too."

River bounded up to me and Tyler. Tyler was sitting in my lap, whistling to himself as he read a book. "Hey!" I said to River as they bounced up happily. "You're not the only one who found their mate." My eyebrows perked as I looked at River, "Come on." They said, grabbing Tyler and I, pulling us up.

We followed River over to someone. They had blonde, almost white hair, half of which was shaved, the over half which reached a little past their ear. "Oh hi!" They said happily, hugging River. They had one blue eye and one green eye, and they smiled kindly at both Tyler and I. "Hi, my name is Eli." They said, nodding kindly, "I'm formerly from Bronze Winds— which is why I didn't meet River until today. I'm excited to be your.. second Beta.." they said, looking over to me awkwardly, "What do you identify as? What are your pronouns?" I asked kindly. Eli's smile seemed to widen, "Actually, I'm genderfluid. They is fine," they said, waving me off kindly, "I appreciate you asking."

Tyler extended his hand, "Hi, I'm Tyler. I'm a trans boy." This was the first time I had heard Tyler say this proudly to someone, and I rubbed his back kindly, "..and I'm his mate, Damien."

"Ah, a quiet Kitsune and a mischievous Alpha. An interesting combination."