Chapter Three-The Highlander Laird

When Alistair pushed the door open for her, Lana's eyes went wide. The chamber was big and spacious, having an adjoining washroom in an annex where a bathtub laid,wisps of steam curling above the hot water. The bed was a three-poster, inviting and cozy. Animal furs were placed on the ground to keep their feet warm. The Highlander plaid was on the bed, purposefully to be covered with at night. She walked baby steps  through the threshold. A thought then  ran through Lana's head. Will she leave her plaid for the Highlander's? Would that make her a traitor?
She signed heavily and decided not to fret about it. She turned to thank Laird Alistair and suddenly, found herself flushed against a broad chest. He was right behind her when she was gawking so shamelessly at the splendour of the bedchambers. She bowed her head, shy and embarrassed. Her hands had backed against his chest when she turned and she found herself in a very intimate position with him. Her cheeks flooded ferociously with crimson, nearly the same hue of her locks. Alistair found she was impossibly cute. An odd feeling bloomed in his chest. It was endearing.

Her hands fisted slowly at his chest and she retreated back a step, putting distance between them, her chest deliciously heaving. Alistair grinned at her.

"A'm verra thankful my Laird, this is a very beautiful bedchamber," she muttered, her eyes still casted down.

"A'm not Laird yet," he stressed out.

"But a'm sure tha' ye urr already called as such, nae?"

"Maybe, but ah insist to be only Alistair to ye,"

As quick as possible, Alana shook her head. This was so improper. She could not do something as such. Lairds are called by their first names only to those they are close to or family.

"Nae my Laird ah will not, 'n' a'm sure ye will not force me," she rushed out.

"Verra well, ah will leave ye tae bathe," he said and turned, going out, not before he casted her one last look. She very well  knew of the fire between them, he noticed. She blushed at his presence now and then. He couldn't wait to enter her soft sheath and have her moan his name, his true name and not the one he was addressed by by his subjects.

He patted his groin, soon.

●●●●●

Alana let out a huge breath of relief. How could a man be so intimidating and at the same time...brawny as such? She let out a silly giggle and hugged herself. The tingles she felt in his presence had vanished but the giddy smile on her face remained. She walked to the mirror and looked aghast at her dress. She never stayed so long in a dirty gown. Her straight red hair was in knots but her cheeks, they were glowing. It was as if Alistair helped her in her grief when she pained for her Ma and Da, and Drew.

She undid the laces at her back and let her gown drop. She undid her chemise as well. She really needed a good bath. She immersed into the hot water, signing. She help herself with the scented oils and cleansed her locks and her body.
A maid opened the door, bowing politely at her and looking away, not wanting to embarrass her because of her state of undress. The maid placed a beautiful gown on her bed as well as her plaid, the one which carried her and Lilly's belongings.

"Thank ye verra much," she uttered lowly to the maid.

"Aye mah lady," she bowed clumsily and fled from the room. Alana was about to tell her that there we no need to call her lady when she disappeared as quick as she appeared. Her Da always told her to respect others as even on the most exalted throne  in the world, we urr only sittin' on our own bottom.

After her bath, she dressed herself in the splendid blue brocade. The material hung to her every curve and she eyed herself in the mirror. The dress was low cut at the front as it was in the back. The laces at the back were very low, exposing her creamy back a bit. Her breasts were constricted and her cleavage was for all to see. It didn't help that the dress showed a bit more of her shoulders.

Somehow, she thought she looked scandalous.

At the same time, Lilly barged in, her chest heaving and her cheeks on flame.

"Lilly! Here ye urr! Ye look so bonny-whit happened to ye? Why urr ye breathing hard?"

Ailith shook her head.

"It doesna matter, just some verra brutish man ah- let it be Lana, Rhona is asking for us down for the midday meal,"

Lilly was clad in ivory-coloured silk and it went wonderfully with her golden locks. It made her look innocent, not the spitfire that she truly was. Alana smiled at her beloved sister, wondering at who was the man she was talking so breathlessly about.

"Ah must say Alana, ye look tempting," remarked Ailith, taking Alana's soft hand.

"As so do ye Lilly," Lana giggled. Lilly rolled her eyes, knowing that she was forced into the gown. She liked her breeches better. That way it would be easier to spar with anyone who challenged her strength.

As they descended the stairs, Rhona met them midway, beaming. She gushed excitedly.

"Oh mah lassies, ah always dreamt dressing up mah own bairns," she laughed.

"Ye have 'nly Alistair?" Lana asked, curious.

"Och nae, ah gave birth to five brawny lads, let me tell ye," she said,"ye'll meet em shortly in the midday meal,"

"Ah chose well, the gowns might be too tight, ye lassies have ample chest, we will get the dressmaker for ye later on," she said and took their hands, guiding them down to the table.

Alana broke out in cold sweat as a myriad of eyes shone on her and her sister. She felt the huge lump in her throat when her eyes landed on Alistair. God, he looked mighty. She felt his perennial gaze sweep over the entire length of her. Four other men surrounded the table with Laird MacTaggart, looking intimidating and powerful. Alana wanted to cower away but she stayed firm, trying to imitate her fierce sister.

They were guided to the table by a very ecstatic looking Rhona.

When Alistair saw his little vixen, he felt like the gates of heaven opened and he heard legions of angels singing to him. Life surged through him. His blood boiled in his veins like the adrenaline which rushed when he was riding Atlas on his lands.
Free, he felt.

The dress complimented her curvy figure. The cloth had a piece of tartan on it, the plaid of the Highlands, of the MacTaggart. He felt so pleased at the sight. It was what she should wear.
Her hair was arranged into a tidy braid by her slender neck, exposing her creamy flesh. His eyes assessed the plunging neckline of her dress and he pictured his bed, his plaid, her breasts, his hands and her writhing in pleasure under him.

How much longer would he have to wait?

He noticed how Keith ogled at her chest and he gave him a sharp blow to the ribcage. He grunted and gave him the stink eye.

"Keep yer eyes down," he seethed.

"Why, she yers," he playfully asked.

"Aye, she mine," he gruffed out in the most primitive voice he could muster, aye, she was his.

●●●●●●

This is a short chapter, I didn't want to end it here but I was tired and you know, writer's block sucks. Although I have the book planned out, those minor details irks me a bit.
(Dress of Alana in media above, not that revealing tho)
Don't forget to vote, comment and share if you like MHL.

Lots of love
Kiwikiwi18