Chapter 6- The Highlander Laird.

*still Alana's pov*

My jaw slacked open. Eyes wide, I tried removing my hands from his rigid chest, only to have him tighten his embrace. Up so close, in the dim light, I could see the length of his lashes, his lips, pink and plump and his beautiful eyes, still bleary from sleep. Now that I was a hairsbredth away from him, I could tell that he was not typically handsome. He did not look like a prince. No, he was rugged and hard looking. He was all man. And that was enough to bring me to my knees. For me, he was the brawniest man. He had the face and expression of a fierce warrior and this was what made me ache with need to be with him. He was so enormous in front of me and i had to really cran my neck to meet his adoring gaze. My heart fluttered giddily and my heart did somersaults. My back shivered and I felt myself arching into him.
The fact that he towered over me just sounded very endearing,as if i look up to him, both literally and figuratively speaking.
Big warm hands suddenly rested on the apple of my cheeks and the rough pad of his thumb slowly wiped my tears. Somehow, this act was so intimate it left me utterly and completely speechless. I wanted more of his touch. My near chaotic fright for any other external factors faded away and it left in its wake an entranced woman. His warm breath fanned my cheeks and his eyes as dark as they were looked at me as if i were the first female he had ever seen. His gaze dropped to my nightdress and a warm blush heated my cheeks when I realised that I was standing in such indecency in front of a hot blooded male like him. The shift was almost transparent, a see-through white. But when I saw that his perusal was specifically on my chest, I started in horror at my heaving breasts. They were smashed against his front, jutted upwards and the swell was clearly visible. My nipples were like hard rock and I knew he was feeling how taut they were. My eyes bulged.

"Is everything alright Lady Alana? Why urr ye crying?"his voice was a deep gruff baritone and it rumbled from his chest where my palms laid. I could feel the way his chest heaved in front of me when he breathed. His muscles were firm and hard under my hands and I wondered how it would have felt if not for the cloth separating our skin. I shook my head quickly at the thought. Shame brought colour to my cheeks. A lady should not think of such.

I looked down,suddenly shy and ashamed.

"I-i was...Just walking when t-the light went o-out," I gulped at his hardened gaze. He had clearly caught that there was more to that.

"Why would ye just be walkin' in the middle of the night?" He questioned. My legs shook at his demand and I caved.

"I had had a really b-bad dream and I was so afraid. I went in search of Ailith but only remembered I never did know where her room was and the rest ye know, the lights went out and here a'm," I quickly said. My heart was beating so loud I felt that I  was even feeling its four chambers squeezing.

His eyes softened and he broke away from the embrace. Immediately, I felt the cold seeping through my nightdress and remembering how cringingly sheer it was, I crossed my arms around myself.

"Do not wander alone in the castle if ye urr New here, ye may easily get lost," he advised.

I nodded my head eagerly, completely agreeing with him.

"Let me show ye yer way to yer bedchambers,"he said gruffly and I turned on my heel. He placed a large hand flat on my back to guide me. The heat from this very hand soaked through the thin cloth and into my skin. My stomach churned and my eyes threatened to close themselves. Before we left his bedchambers, he took a candle from his room to help ease my tension and fear of the darkness. What a miserable lassie I was!

He guided me towards the right wing and only then I realised how much I walked from my room.

"Ye did meander for quite a long time my lady," Laird Alistair muttered, his voice disapproving. But there was something in his tone that made me squeeze my legs together.
There was pin drop silence in the castle and I could hear the deep breathing of the man besides me.

Suddenly, Alistair stopped and pointed towards a room with hard wooden doors.
"That is where yer sister is residing for the night, ye missed it, it is just a couple of feet away from yer own bedchambers," he voiced out, looking at me square in the eyes. Somehow, I felt shameful and pathetic. I hung my head down, feeling stupid. And I detected just the faintest coldness in his tone. I could say something changed in his mood. His eyes were hard and dominant. The softness in them had vanished. I wondered if it was me he was being irritated at.
It hurt to think of that.

"I guess I did miss it my Laird, but ye cannot expect me to know your castle inside out, like ye said, a'm New here," I bit out. I may be innocent but that didn't mean I could not distinguish between the wrong and right and that I couldn't for the life of me defend myself.

His jaw tightened and his fists curled. I bit my lip. On the inside, I was trembling in fright but on the outside, I squared my shoulders and met his fierce gaze. He was the one who then broke eye contact. Mentally, I rejoiced but it was short-lived by his icy tone.

"Very Well, let me guide ye to yer bedchambers once and for all my lady,"

He sounded on edge and I compiled to what he said, hurrying after him. We reached in no time and I opened my door, only to see that all lights went out there as well because of my open windows.

"Let me relight them for ye," he bit out and with the help of his candles, executed his task.

"I shall leave ye now," he said quickly and in a flash, he was at the door and briskly disappeared.

Why was he so eager to leave my presence? My heart squeezed painfully.

○○○

~Alistair's pov~

I've never met someone as seducing as Lady Alana. Even with tears streaking her face, she looked like an angel sent from the heavens. Her tears only made her eyes glisten and shine. She looked tempting in my bedchambers, with that thin cloth around her. Her nipples had been poking at the shift and I had seen how  peaked they were. She was aroused around me and so was I. I had never met a woman who left me as breathless as she did and it was a bad thing. I needed to fuck her and quick. Because she was invading my mind. But then, when she was crying because of the bad dream and of the darkness and of the fear of being lost, she revealed to me her pure soul. And I could never taint such a soul. I promised myself not to let myself get close to her. Fucking her would be my fantasy but not my reality. A lady like her deserved more than warming the bed of a horny man. And that is why I would not let her also fall for me. Hence, my cold behaviour towards her.