Chapter 4- The Highlander Laird

"My lads let me present to ye Lady Ailith and Lady Alana of the Hepburn clan," Rhona excitedly rambled.

"Take urr seats wi' us lassies," Henry McTaggart said.

Alana stumbled after Ailith, taking her seat besides her sister and remaining in her shadow because of how bashful she felt.

Alistair watched her closely. His eyes were watchful of her every movement, of her timid gaze, of the way she assessed his brothers and quickly casted her gaze down.

"A'm Duncan MacTaggart, third lad of Henry MacTaggart," said Duncan, looking at the two.

"Pleased tae meet ye," replied Ailith, looking at him in the eyes.

"This is Keith and Ian, our two younger brothers," Duncan kept on introducing.

Lana watched Duncan. He was similarly brawny and so were all the MacTaggart brothers. Keith gave Alana a slow appreciating gaze and he flushed.

"And here our second brother-"

"Hamish MacTaggart mah lady, ah must say you look very bonny in our mama's dress," Hamish quickly said, his eyes on Ailith. The latter tightened her lips and nodded curtly.

"Thank ye,"

Lana stifled a smile. Her beautiful sister had an admirer. Lana wondered if he had been the man who had left Lilly all flustered and jittery earlier.

"And well, this is Alistair, our eldest," Hamish said.

"We have already," Alistair looked at Lana hotly,"met,"

"Have ye now?" Teased an amused looking Keith.

The brothers boisterously laughed and Alistair glared at them.

" Calm down my lads," gruffed Henry. He then turned to look at the uniquely  bonny lassies.

"I'm Laird Henry MacTaggart and Rhona has had the chance to relate to me what horrible things happened tae ye," he muttered,pity etched on his gaze. He had greying hair and a few wrinkles but he still looked handsome .

Ailith nodded, urging the Laird to continue.

"Since ye both urr lassies tae Aodh Hepburn, would ye want us to investigate on who attacked urr clan?"

Lana stiffened but lilly took charge in the conversation.

"My Laird, it is all in the past now, everyone died and my sister and I would appreciate not dwelling on such matter. We would like to ask urr permission to let us stay in urr clan,"
She conveyed.

" very well," he  muttered, his voice calculating," I shall let ye stay and even offer you a bode but ye shall have to earn on urr own then," he said and scratched his beard.

"We will do just that my Laid thank ye,"

"But tonight ye shall stay wi' us. Ye urr New here. Ye must stay at least the night am I right Henry?" Rhona looked at Henry pleadingly who offered her a soft smile.

" Whatever ye want Rhona,"

She smiled in genuine happiness and pecked her husband's lips.

After the delicious meal, everyone retreated to their bedchambers.

The two sisters did not share a room.
So, Ailith sneaked in into Lana's at night to talk to her.

Alana had just slipped into her evening gown when Lilly opened her door.

"Lilly? Why urr ye here?" She asked quizically.

Ailith strolled to her bed and took a seat.

"Lana ye should not reveal about Ferguson or that he wanted your hand in marriage,"

"Why?" The younger sister asked, confused. Lilly look tired and worn out. Her hair was already undone and her beautiful curls were hanging by her sides.

"Ferguson is influential. What if he has an alliance with the MacTaggart? Wouldn't they hand us over?" She tried to reason with her.
Lana looked down, her heart thudding erratically.

"...maybe,"

Lilly say her little sister on the bed and began undoing her braid like Lady Isobel used to. Lana signed and basked in the affection of her sister's familiar hands.

"That's Why we should keep our silence ye hear me Lana? Besides it affects no one,"

"Aye,"

Lilly kissed her on both cheeks and left her chamber

●●●●●●

Relatively short chapter. I know.

Well it's been some time since I last updated on THL. I have other books I took down and that are currently being edited. So, I barely have the time for this one. And...writing on a phone night be tiresome and nervewrecking. So instead of taking my time writing ridiculously long chapters, I am going to make you keep in touch with my book with shorter chapters which in a way would be much quicker. Do you agree?

Don't worry in the next chapter there'll be more of Alina( Alistair/Alana)

I thank all of you who have given my book a chance.
Don't forget to press on that little star and to comment.🤗🍒🍒😙

Buh-bye
Kiwikiwi18