Chapter 2

"Sakura."

How could she describe this feeling?

Overwhelming.

A rush of anger, bitterness, anxiousness, shock, emotions too many to count swelled up inside her so fast she got dizzy. Sakura took a step back, momentarily feeling her head spin. She blinked hard and looked back at him.

He was still there.

"What," she croaked, staring at him. He had a small smile on his face- a smile. A smile?

All of her emotions vanished when she saw the little curve of his lips.

"What do you think you're doing here?" Sakura asked him, anger seething through her voice. Then, it was Sasuke's turn to step back. "Easy. I just wanted to talk--"

"After three months?"

"I mean, I was just mulling things over--"

"For that long?"

"And I've decided that--"

"Oh, you're deciding things for me again? Since when did you have the right in the first place?"

Sasuke snapped. "Can you just let me talk for one second?" Sakura stuck out her tongue. "Nope." The two glared daggers at each other, then simultaneously sighed. "I've decided that I want you back."

"You've decided. Decided? Have you had a thought about how I would feel? And not to mention the fact that you took three months to 'decide' that. Hmm, if you took that long to 'decide' you want me back, I guess you don't, huh? Because it took you three whole months to think you do--"

"I don't think I want you back. I know I want you back," Sasuke declared.

As much as she hated it, Sakura's heart melted a little.

"Well, you can lose that thought. Have you forgotten that I'm the one who left? It doesn't matter what you want. If I wanted to come back, I would've," she shot back, "but I've decided that you're not worth any of my time."

Sasuke sighed. "Can we at least go inside?"

"No," Sakura refused.

"Why not?" Sakura glared at him. "You think you deserve my hospitality? You don't deserve any of me- not my body, not my time, not my land, and definitely not my store. Bug off."

"Fine, I'll reason here." Sasuke stood straight at the sidewalk, looking more than a little bit stupid.

"What the hell are you doing?" Sakura asked, irritated. "I'm a busy woman, spit it out already." Sasuke shrugged. "I already told you. I want you back." A vein ticked. "I don't know how many times I have to say this. I don't care what you want."

Sakura whirled around and slammed the door, angry.

"Sakura, honey, who was it? You nearly tore off the doorframe there," Mebuki chuckled as she tossed her a towel. "Wipe the tables over there, won't you? Release that stress."

Sakura nodded, forcing a smile. "Yes, mother."

She scrubbed the tables furiously, anger still not dissipated.

How dare he.

-
-
-

He was still there.

Sakura gritted her teeth as she smiled a little too harshly, jaws hurting. "How may I help you?" she asked. The man raised his eyebrows. "I'd like a hot coffee, please. Milk and syrup."

Wordlessly, Sakura punched in the order, then pointed to the waiting area. "Wait there."

"T-Thanks."