Chapter 5

"Hello, how may I help you?"

The girl in front of her giggled softly. "Uhh... um... I'd like a coffee, please," she squeaked. Sakura nodded, punching in the order. "What kind?"

"Erm... what's the kind that the guy over there makes?" she asked, twirling a lock of her hair around a finger. Sakura turned around to see Sasuke, who caught her gaze. He winked.

The girl sighed. Sakura stifled a snort- this girl couldn't have been more than sixteen years old. She must've thought that Sasuke winked at her. "He makes the coffees you order, honey. What would you like?"

She must not have heard her, so Sakura repeated the question. "Huh? Oh, yeah! Uh, one americano please. How much?"

Sakura read the cash register. "Two dollars and fifty cents. Syrup's over there if you need it. Next!"

And so it went on.

Eventually, Sakura got frustrated at the amount of girls asking the same question. "What's the coffee that--" one of them started, as Sakura threw her hands up in the air and practically shouted, "Just order!"

After the girl left, Sakura pinched the bridge of her nose and groaned. Sasuke sidled up to her. "Wanna switch?"

"Yes, please!" Sakura groaned as she left the counter. "Do you know how to work the register?"

"I'm not an idiot, y'know. Don't mistake me for Naruto."

"I am not an idiot!" Naruto called from the kitchen. Sasuke rolled his eyes as he slid up to the register. "How may I help you, miss?" he asked charmingly to the next customer, who was a girl- what a surprise!

The rest of the day flew by quicker as Sakura tuned out the white noise.

-

-

-

"Where are you going?"

"Why does it matter to you where I'm going?"

"Because you're pregnant."

"And?"

"I want to protect you."

"Please, tell me something I can believe." Sakura shot Sasuke a glare as she slipped a bag over her head. "I'm just heading out for some errands."

"I'll run them for you," Sasuke offered. Sakura sighed. "No, you won't. I'm completely fine. Just stay here- or you know what, even better, go back to the manor."

"But I want to protect you." Sakura turned around, nearly tearing her hair out. "And I don't want your protection! What on earth do you take me for? All I want to do is visit the doctor's without you following me around like a lost puppy, for goodness' sake-"

"You're going to the doctor's?" He interrupted her.

Well, crap.

"N-No," she blurted out. "Did I say doctor? I meant market. Yeah, market- nothing else-"

"Is it for the baby's checkup?" He's never looked more excited than he did now. "What's it to you, if I do go?" Sakura glared.

"Of course I'm going to want to go! I'm the father, I have a right to know how my child is doing-"

"You're a ex of mine. She's not yours any longer."

Sasuke's mouth opened and closed, flopping like a fish would. "So do me a favor. Leave me and my girl alone," Sakura snapped as she walked out the door and slammed it shut.

-

-

-

Sakura found herself getting a headache.

Honestly, the doctors in this area were so unprofessional. All they said whenever she visited was that her daughter was healthy- nothing to help the pregnancy better, no information about the coming date, and it didn't take them until the last visit for them to figure out what gender her child was.

She could do much better than them.

But due to her parents' request, and due to the fact that she couldn't outright tell them that she used to study medicine back at the manor, she went there. Begrudgingly.

But hey, it was fine, at least it was much better than having to stay at the--

Sakura dropped her things in shock.

She couldn't tell what on earth happened- where was her room? Quickly, she looked behind her to stare at her door- yep, still the same, tacky flower print. Sakura turned slowly towards the inside of her room again, taking everything in.

It was completely renovated- everything from her small, squeaky bed to her tiny dresser in which she kept her clothes in was moved; her boring white walls were repainted with a soft pink hue, with tiny flowers decorating it. Suddenly, her tacky flower print door no longer seemed tacky.

And the floor, oh god the floor, it was no longer the creaky wood boards that she had to avoid to prevent herself from getting a splinter; it was rolled out neatly with a snowy white carpet that was so soft it made Sakura sigh.

It wasn't just the floor and walls that changed.

The room was now filled with toys, drawers, dressers, decorations, and most importantly- a crib. Someone had refurbished her dump of a room into something magnificent. Everything was placed so neatly and so beautifully it almost brought Sakura to tears.

"You like it?"

Sakura turned around, mouth still gaping, as her shocked emerald eyes met Sasuke's warm onyx ones. "I spent quite some time planning this out," he said humorously- but his voice was tinged with a bit of nervousness.

"How did you-"

"It took your parents a lot of convincing for me to redo your room like this. Had to claim that all this was my sister's things- which was an obvious lie, I don't even have a sister."

"Sasuke-"

"- and Naruto was surprisingly helpful with picking out the baby things, I nearly forgot the crib while we were out shopping- by the way, how do you girls do it? I couldn't stand thirty minutes in there browsing, never mind an entire day-"

"Sasuke-"

"But anyway, that doesn't matter, I think the color scheme is actually pretty nice- or was pink a too stereotypical color for our girl? Maybe I should've just done red like I initially planned, but Naruto kept insisting that pink was the best color for her-"

"SASUKE!" He stopped his rambling abruptly as Sakura shook her head, smiling. "It's perfect."

"It's- it's good?" He asked nervously, wringing out his hands.

Sakura shook her head again, tears almost falling out of her eyes. "No. It's perfect."

And he visibly let out a sigh of relief, as his shoulders slumped and gave her a relieved smile back. "Perfect?"

"Perfec-"

"SAKURA!" a high-pitched squeal came. A blur of purple and blonde hair flashed in front of Sakura's field of view. She gasped as a pair of arms threw themselves around her.

"Ino?"