Chapter 3

"What the hell are they doing here?!"

Sakura stared panic-stricken at her parents, who were smiling serenely. "We were about to go to sleep when these young men knocked on our door, asking oh so politely for shelter. I mean, who are we to refuse such handsome fellows?" Kizashi laughed as Mebuki elbowed him. "They offered us a very large sum of money. It will help us save for the rent this year, Sakura," Mebuki said, nodding encouragingly.

Sakura scowled at them, then at the two 'young men'. "Don't you recognize them?" she asked in a hushed whisper. Kizashi raised his eyebrows. "What do you mean? If I ever saw faces like those I'd certainly remember them to match them up for my equally pretty daughter-- ow!" he complained as Mebuki elbowed him again.

"No need. I've become acquainted with her already," Sasuke spoke up. Mebuki and Kizashi's eyebrows went up. "Oh? And you haven't told us, Sakura?" Kizashi laughed. Sakura glared at them. "He was just a customer. No big deal."

"Ahh, I see! Well then, it's a pleasure to have you here. You may take the living room, if you like," Mebuki offered. Sasuke nodded. "Thank you very much, madam."

"Oh, no need to call me that!" Mebuki blushed. "Just call me Mebuki, dear."

"And call me Kizashi," Sakura's father chimed in. "We'll get your breakfast ready tomorrow morning."

Sasuke started to decline, "No, it's really all right--" when the blonde-haired man interrupted him. "Free food? Thanks a lot, Kizashi!"

"No problem. Have a good night's sleep, kids."

The parents disappeared into their bedroom.

Sakura stormed over. "What in the depths of hell do you think you're doing here?" She whisper-yelled, in fear of her parents accidentally listening. "We're paying your parents to give us shelter. It's a common thing in this day and age, no big deal," Sasuke shrugged.

"No big deal? No big deal? You're practically stalking me! How come my parents don't recognize you? Tsunade told me that they saw your face at one of the balls!"

Sasuke shrugged. "I erased my face from their memories. I couldn't have them kicking me out."

Naruto cleared his throat, elbowing Sasuke to the side. "Anyway, nice to see you again Sakura," he laughed uncomfortably as he ushered Sasuke into the living room. "Good night! Make sure to sleep well!"

They shut the door, leaving Sakura confused and angry as hell.

-

-

-

"She's pregnant."

Naruto spoke in a low whisper. Sasuke blinked. "What do you mean, she's pregnant? She's just fat."

"You just called your wife fat-- ah, anyway, doesn't matter. Sasuke, she's pregnant. Like, with a baby," Naruto hissed. Sasuke's brows furrowed. "What? She was with another man?"

"She's pregnant with your kid, you idiot!"

It felt like a slap to the face. Sasuke shook his head, shocked. "No, no way. There's absolutely no way." Naruto shook Sasuke's shoulders. "Uh, yes way! She's freaking pregnant! You're such an asshole, you poor excuse for a to-be father!"

To-be... to-be father?

"I'm gonna be a..." Sasuke slumped down, shocked. "I didn't- when did- how do you know that it's mine?" Naruto sighed. "Sakura doesn't have a boyfriend now, does she? And she's not the time to have flings or whatever, either. It's yours."