working overtime ↷ halloween special!

jihoon cusses a lot in here...  
can't blame him ╮(╯▽╰)╭

╳   

I.

"Jihoon hyung! You're not leaving yet?" Mingyu asked, rather loudly from the other side of the room. He was already fixing his stuff after turning his laptop off, ready to leave anytime soon. They didn't plan to work overtime but Jihoon kinda forced Mingyu to stay with him just so he could finish copy-editing the novel which the deadline is by the end of the following day.

Yes, Jihoon needed Mingyu to stay since... well, let's admit it. The level of his scare-sensitivity is raised higher than usual because it's Halloween season. Most especially, it's going to be October 31 in two hours. And not to mention, the novel he's currently copy-editing is under the mystery and thriller genre.

But of course, he doesn't let Mingyu know the real reason why he asked him to stay.

"Mingyu, I'm almost done. Can't you stay for a bit more?" Jihoon pouts, not tearing his eyes away from his laptop screen.

"But I wanna go home already," Mingyu wears his bag after he finished arranging his desk. He walks toward Jihoon and continuously pokes his shoulders. "Let's go home."

Jihoon shrugs Mingyu's hand away. He just doesn't want to leave his cubicle without getting his work done. There are still about 7 pages to copy-edit. Nonetheless, Jihoon sighs in defeat.

"Just go ahead, you go home first."

"But hyung, you're gonna get scared if I leave you alone!"

"What–" Jihoon shots Mingyu a glare, and then turning his head back to his laptop right away. "I didn't say that. I never said that. Who said I'd be scared?"

"Uh... That's obviously the reason why you asked me to stay?"

"No! What are you saying? Go home, take a shower, and have a nice rest. Bye, Mingyu. Take care! Thanks for staying!" Jihoon bellowed in a quick pace, waving his left hand shortly while his other hand stays glued on the mouse.

"Alright, hyung. Whatever you say. Don't stay up too late and leave quickly too. Take care and don't let them catch you." Mingyu bellowed as well, copying Jihoon's tune. He walks toward the glass door to leave when Jihoon hurriedly replies.

"Don't let them what? Them– who?"

"Oh, you definitely know what I'm talking about. The ones Mr. Choi was talking about. Don't let them catch you." Mingyu repeats with more emphasis.

Right, Mr. Choi, the building's head security guard. Jihoon usually just laughs over the ghost stories that he tells. He's hot but he hates his ghost stories. One time, he told them that there's a young ("he's around 5 to 6 years old, I think?" Mr. Choi says) male ghost lurking up and down the building's stairs. Jihoon thought, what could a 5-year-old possibly do to harm him?

"Shut the fuck up. I hope you trip on your way home."

Mingyu laughs as he bids his last goodbye, finally leaving afterwards.

II.

Unexpectedly, Jihoon's working well even though he's left alone. He has always liked working in silence. Upon realization that he's actually working well, Mr. Choi's stories start flashing on his mind once or twice in every 5 minutes but he does his best to shake them off. Jihoon double-clicked on his music tab in hopes that his imagination would stop working if he starts listening and singing.

He thought it'd work. But it didn't. He ended up closing the music tab because the sounds were distracting him from copy-editing. Jihoon sighs in frustration and just continues typing away peacefully when he hears one small knock from the glass door. He turns his head swiftly to see if someone actually knocked. No one was there. Fuck. Maybe he's just being paranoid? A product of his oh-so-great imagination?