Chapter 3

I awoke the next morning bright and early for school. I had this consistent sharp pain in my abdomen but I shrugged it off figuring they were just cramps and I should be on my menstrual soon. I took some IB Profen and then headed to my bathroom.

I stared at myself in the mirror. That spa made me feel a whole lot better. My hazel eyes shined very brightly giving me an intense gaze. My eye brows were arched making my expressions look more delightful. My full lips made me look even more adorable when i pouted and my cute button nose to remind me of my dad. My long curly hair was in a messy bun at the top of my head. I figure I should straighten it after I get out the shower or else it's just gonna curl right back up from the steam of the hot water.

I lifted my tank top and exposed my stomach. It had already dropped to flat. I was amazed yet saddened by this emptiness. If Jason was here, he would have helped me raised the baby and we would be happy after graduation. But he's not here so no need for wishing and hoping.

I looked at the clock and it said 5:00. I wanted to go for a run before I showered. I didn't have to be at school until 8:00. I threw on my shorts and grabbed my iPod. I reached under the bed and grabbed my phone because somehow through the night it never stays on my bed. I grabbed my Nike's from under there too and threw them on as well.

I headed downstairs and saw mom and dad sitting in the living room watching the news. I was nervous after remembering what mom said yesterday but it looks as though dad isn't aware of what happened and mom hasn't told him. I gave a quick goodmorning and told them I was going for a run around the neighborhood.

"Becareful sweetie. It's still a little dark outside and be aware of your surroundings. Do you have your phone for emergencies? " Dad asked glaring at me.

"Dad I'm seventeen. I've been out running almost every morning since I was fifteen. I always bring my phone and I think you're the one who needs to be aware of your surroundings." I stated matter-of-factly.

I ran out of the door and threw my headphones in my ear. I clicked on my playlist titled morning work out and listened to the various songs that filled my head. I jogged down the familiar 2 mile trail that I always went around 2 times. I gazed at the beautiful houses that all looked somehow similar to each other yet all these families are so different.

On my second lap of this 2 mile course, I bent down noticing my shoelace came untied. I began tying them when I noticed a flash of black dart across the street 5 feet in front of me. I was startled and fell back, flat on my behind. I brushed my bangs back behind my ear, stood up, and looked around where I was. I took out one ear bud and listened but I didn't hear any type of noise that could possibly come from an animal besides the crickets chirping. I shrugged and began to keep jogging when I saw a shadow emerge from behind me. I instantly turned around and started kicking and punching whoever it was trying to grab me. I knew mixed martial arts and was not afraid to fight a man.

"Please stop girl I'm sorry I scared you. I just moved here from Texas. My mom and my little brother as well. My name is Christian. " The guy flashed a beautiful smile showing two rows of pearly white perfect teeth. I looked up and met his gaze, still angered that he was following me. I noticed his icy blue eyes which were intensifying. He was handsome indeed. About 6'3 with a great build. He was hot!

I still didn't want him to see that I was check-in him out so I just nodded and stared him down.

"So. You gonna tell me your name?" He asked hopefully.

I turned on my heels and kept jogging. Does he really think I want to be friends with him after he seemed like a creep. I heard footsteps behind me and then noticed we were side by side. I increased my speed until I got to my house. I was surprised he kept up with me with great breathing patterns. This guy was definitely athletic.