Chapter 1

It was a stormy night in Nathan's neighborhood. He lived on the outskirts of his town. Nathan is one of those boys that always looks good on photos, with his perfect dark blonde hair and his ocean blue eyes. His eyes often seemed to change color when he was feeling different emotions, but that didn't matter. He lived in a small town, his house was basically 4 kilometres away from the nearest school. He had moved there 2 years ago. He had hated the decision to move, but he soon accepted it. He was adopted, his parents didn't look anything like him. From birth, Nathan knew he was different. But one day he got a mysterious letter. It read: "You are not human. You are half angel half human. Known as Nephilim, or Shadowhunters.". At first, he didnt believe it, but when he went to explore the abandoned church in his old town. He found out it was real. Since then, he had been hanging out with other Shadowhunters, but he kept it secret from his parents because it is very dangerous to be one. If they would find out they would not let him leave the house ever again. So when his parents told him they were moving, he was depressed. He thought he would never find anyone like him anymore. He started researching about activities in the area. When he went to visit his new home 1 week before moving there, he snuck away and went to an abandoned cathedral with hopes of finding Shadowhunters. He did find Shadowhunters. Instantly he was excited to move, so when they moved Nathan would hang out with his Shadowhunter friends at the 'abandoned cathedral'. It looked like an abandoned cathedral to everyone who wasn't a Shadowhunter, but to Shadowhunters it looked like it wasn't broken or had grafitti, it looked gorgeous. He still kept it a secret from his parents and everytime they came to visit or he went to visit them he used the excuse he was going out with his friends he made at school.