Chapter 2

Today was a beautiful cloudless and sunny day, on Saturdays Nathan would always hang out with other Shadowhunters. Training combat, practicing runes and sparring to see who was the best. Jake always won. All the girls adored him, for them he was perfect. But Nathan was the only one that noticed something strange about him. He seemed too perfect. The next day he went to the abandoned cathedral. Shadowhunters refer to it as an Institute because they learn to fight and some even live there. After 1 hour of training someone new entered the building. It was a girl. She had dark brown hair and had eyes so beautiful they could be eyes of an angel. Everyone was suprised that she had found the place, but when they saw the marks on her arm they noticed she was a shadowhunter too. '' Facilis Decensus... '', shouted Jake. '' Averno'', finished the girl. Facilis Decensus Averno was the motto of the Shadowhunters, it was Jake's version of testing people if they really were shadowhunters. When everyone was talking Nathan approached the girl.''How did you find this place?'' asked Nathan. She explained that her parents who were shadowhunters too told her that there were shadowhunters here. It surprised Nathan that there were more shadowhunters than he knew of in this town. ''My name is Jessica, Jess for short.'' said the girl. ''I'm Nathan, nice to meet you.'' he replied. At the end of the day Nathan couldn't stop thinking about her. Her dark brown hair, her beautiful eyes and her cute smile. There was something special about her. At 8 pm he went to sleep. His dream was very chaotic. There were people screaming everywhere. He was in his town, it was on fire! Then he noticed it. On the Institute he saw a dark shadowy figure with dark wings splattered with blood fighting a boy, it was Nathan, then he saw a figure on the floor next to him on the institute. He didn't have enough time to figure out who it was. His dream ended before he could identify the person.