Preface

It was a nightmare that kept repeating itself, over and over again. There was no waking up or escaping from this one like all the others. There was no happy ending that would magically appear with a knight riding a white steed.

For the simple cold hard fact that the hunter, the stalker, walking towards me wouldn't allow that happiness. There was no freedom when he was involved.

He was the devil in disguise. The monster that haunted my dreams. The one that I couldn't get away from.

My cries for help fall on deaf ears, even as my wrist thudded in pain. I was trapped, surround by walls that didn't have a window and only one door. The only way out was through the devil himself but I didn't have the strength for it.

I felt drained, exhausted.

I was too far away for anyone to help me. Sam wouldn't be able to appear once again to save me from this nightmare he promised wouldn't happen. Jasper wouldn't be able to find me even if he wanted to.

Surrounding by nothing but brick walls and darkness I saw no hope.

No matter what everyone had tried to do to protect me and my sister, it still ended the same. There was no changing my future and no protecting Bella from the loneliness that she was going to feel. As a clock struck midnight somewhere in the building that I was clocked away in, chiming twelves times, I knew that I was never going to see the light of day again.

This was going to be my mortal ending.